Beach Shelters

Elton

My only ever adventure into beach shelters was quite a few years ago and, oh, how the other anglers must have laughed. I tried for ages, battling against the wind, before giving up.

Trouble is, I'd like one. So, is there a good beach shelter about that's easy to put up and reasonably stable? There are various 'freshwater' pop-up shelters about, but I have my doubts about their strength if placed on a windy beach.

Ta in advance,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my original Beach Buddy since they first came out: ( 15 years??? ) no real problems. If that is not a good advert, I don't know what is. :) Plus John Holden lives four miles up the road and I have taken it back to him twice for new bracket. He just bent it back in shape, gave me a new plastic bracket for the future, with rivets and charged me nothing. What service and what a great guy. :)

Beach Buddys are ok, although I hear some of the less expensive ones are just as good and sturdy in a gale. I must say, my "Buddy" cost me £120, and I have used it a bit, by no means lots, and it leaks if there is rain coupled with high winds.

After numerous hints of impending pneumonia to my daughter and partner before christmas they bought me a beach shelter. Great thing but its so difficult to put up and would provide a half decent home to refugees once it is. I think the only time I will use it is when they are with me!!

if you are determined to buy one make sure you can quickly erect it and more importantly move it with the tide without the assistance of Pickfords!!

i purchased a ron thompson budget shelter and have had no problems (back in the days before my baby boy was born!!)

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

My only ever adventure into beach shelters was quite a few years ago and, oh, how the other anglers must have laughed. I tried for ages, battling against the wind, before giving up.

Trouble is, I'd like one. So, is there a good beach shelter about that's easy to put up and reasonably stable? There are various 'freshwater' pop-up shelters about, but I have my doubts about their strength if placed on a windy beach.

Ta in advance,

Elton

:clap2: Hi Elton, the John Holden Beach Buddy is the best but dearest, Ron Thomson do a cheaper lookalike which is good but not as sturdy as the John Holden. I have a Trident which is cheaper and less trouble to put up with plenty of room for 1 but cramped with 2.

Shakespeare do a good cheapie called the Navigator which is similar to the Trident and I'm sure there are others but I don't know about. I think it's a case of you get what you pay for with beach buddies. :clap2:

Edited by Norm B

my original Beach Buddy has been fine since day one gave it a spray with some waterproof stuff which may of helped the life of it but as for wind and stuff i don't think you can beat them!! plenty of room for all your gear easy to put up and transport from a-b and nice and light so no trouble to carry with you if the weather is not looking good!

Ollie.

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

Got My Nato poncho goes everywhere I do No leaks and no probs as far as Erection (oh er misses) is concerned, keep every thing else in my tackle box and bait in a bucket with a lid . :)

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Part of the fun of beach fishing is braving the weather :whistling: I refuse to set up in pouring rain but if it starts raining at some point after setting up I stick it out until the water reaches my pants :cold: at that point it is time to retire gracefully :D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Part of the fun of beach fishing is braving the weather :whistling: I refuse to set up in pouring rain but if it starts raining at some point after setting up I stick it out until the water reaches my pants :cold: at that point it is time to retire gracefully :D:D

Im with Ken on this one :P......... Id feel a little camp, excuse the pun, setting up a little tent to fish from :P

Skippy

So many questions so little time....