humph

tugmistress

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday morning was wet and dark, and Brenda had the car.

Then around lunchtime it brightened a little.

I was fed up with being indoors, and with a high tide just before 4 pm, I grabbed some squid from the freezer and walked down to the Medway estuary.

It was a brilliant time to be out of doors, the winter sunlight bringing out the colour of the berries and some remaining leaves, waxwings amongst the bushes, and the marshy mud crawling with every kind of wading bird and waterfowl imagineable.

Being a shallow estuarine beach, I didn't expect to catch much (the deeper marks further up river usually have plenty of pout and pin whiting, with the chance of a bass or even the odd codling).

And I didn't :(

But I did get plenty of bites!

I guess that my 'whiting' hooks were too big for anything out there.

I keep forgetting how much things have changed, and still expect to catch on the kind of tackle that I caught on years ago!

The wind strengthened and grew noticeably colder, and I gave up before high water, with my teeth chattering.

Still I was glad to get out there :)

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest jay_con

She is a cheeky young wipper snapper,just as you said paula.

Fishing on sunday afternoon for me, its our clubs annual christmas match. Fish 2-7 pm and then back to the pub for curry and drinks.Lets hope theres some fish to catch

sounds good winter, hope you all have a great day with plenty of fish, food and ale :D

can i come?

when we got in half an hour ago at least we got our coffees made by the child...lol, if she gets on anyones nerves on here, let me know and i will use her as live bait in january

Leon Roskilly:

Yesterday morning was wet and dark, and Brenda had the car.

Then around lunchtime it brightened a little.

I was fed up with being indoors, and with a high tide just before 4 pm, I grabbed some squid from the freezer and walked down to the Medway estuary.

It was a brilliant time to be out of doors, the winter sunlight bringing out the colour of the berries and some remaining leaves, waxwings amongst the bushes, and the marshy mud crawling with every kind of wading bird and waterfowl imagineable.

Being a shallow estuarine beach, I didn't expect to catch much (the deeper marks further up river usually have plenty of pout and pin whiting, with the chance of a bass or even the odd codling).

And I didn't :(

But I did get plenty of bites!

I guess that my 'whiting' hooks were too big for anything out there.

I keep forgetting how much things have changed, and still expect to catch on the kind of tackle that I caught on years ago!

The wind strengthened and grew noticeably colder, and I gave up before high water, with my teeth chattering.

Still I was glad to get out there :)

Tight Lines - leon

The point about 50 yrds off Sharp's Green was giving up loads of tiny bass in the summer. My son went there weekly for about 10 weeks and was

never disappointed. Needless to say, they were all returned. He is still looking for his first mullet, though. He says he saw a few in August around the broken ground at the far end of the Country Park by the old gun emplacement. Sadly, I haven't been able to get out fishing when I visit Gillingham, but that will be put right next year.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

graylingking:

a bus to school i used to have to walk 4 miles to school in all weathers a bus a bus kids today dont know their born :P

Pagh - that's nothing. We had to walk 4 miles as well, often thru snow that was arse deep on a giraffe, and it was up hill both ways. Snow was good though since it meant the bears and the snakes had gone into hibernation for the winter.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

unfortunatley mum makes me walk to my bus stop (3/4 of a mile long walk) in all weathers aswell. i mean i can only cope with so much cold gale force winds, rain, sleet, and snow im only a kid, even worse i have to take out wheely bin down our track lane which is around 1/4 of a mile long and i also have to take it up im just glad she doesnt expect me to walk the dogs in bad weather aswell!!!!!!!

xx

scrabster for ever

~-~KAZ~-~