Mullet Season 2006

Matt Baldwin

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes might try that one Andy. Trouble is there are so many places you could try for mullet but it is always a worry that you might be missing out on mullet days were you know you would normallty be catching.

Thought Mark was making a posting ????

Thought Mark was making a posting ????

No he's busy catching Bass !! :)

Sean I hope you got my email ( Weymouth pictures )

Andrew Boyd

The wife and I took the grandkids to Greater Cumbrae yesterday, an island in the Clyde Estuary, lovely place and weather too, flat calm sea, no wind glorius sunshine...anyway, walking round the south of the island, came to a small bay...with some nice Mullet prowling around...mibbes 4-5 lb in weight too...and I left my rod at home....:(

post-1889-1152998662_thumb.jpg

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Spooked a few mullet in Luce Bay at sunset this morning while trying to "ferret" out a bass on a popper,which I managed to do eventually!!!!

Have been trying for years to get a mullet from the Mull of Galloway area but had no joy :( Tried all methods to no avail :(

Only had two verified catch reports in the area. One was about a guy (name not supplied :lol: ) who "shot" one in Drummore harbour :headhurt:

The other one was from Bill Hutchinson who was in the right place at the right time. At Maryport when the tide was washing in rafts of maggot infested seaweed and the fish were going daft.

All ideas taken on board :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Fished the Basin 1 in Chatham Saturday.

Saw 2 very large mullet (my and MArk's estimate 6lb+ easy)

Any way gave up mulleting and grabbed a few basin muscles from the poontoon and used them as bait. Mark had a bass around a 1lb and i had an eel.

Matt

Hia's All

I see the Mullet article in last months Sea Angler has provoked a response from Gerry Green, founder of the NMC.

Is it me or does Mr Russ come across as being a touch rude to the guy?

Nice one Nurse. Not a sausage round here. ;):D

post-6678-1153260862_thumb.jpg

Been really busy at work lately but still managed another 3 since last post. The best mullet article in Sea Angler was done about a couple of years ago and featured I guy fishing out of Limington. Seem to know has local area really well and made quite intersting reading .