North sea Cods

Spragg

So what supermarket do you advise the British housewife to purchase her cod from then Steve? A supermarket that gets its supply’s from

A country that has stringent fishing practises in place? Like ours.

A country that has strict quotas in place like ours?

A country that has decommissioned a large percentage of its fishing fleet (to preserve North Sea cod) like ours has?

Or would you advise them to use a supermarket chain (unlike asda) that actually does supply fresh North Sea cod?

It's up to them what supermarket they choose to buy from. The article said they were doing it because their customers wanted to buy their fish "with peace of mind". Take from that what you will, but to me it suggests that it's not just anglers who are concerned about the state of our fish stocks. Can all these people really be that wrong?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what supermarket do you advise the British housewife to purchase her cod from then Steve? A supermarket that gets its supply’s from

A country that has stringent fishing practises in place? Like ours. But not enforced by SFC's because they're all mates with the fishermen. Only the RN enforces the rules.

A country that has strict quotas in place like ours? But set too high for stocks to recover.

A country that has decommissioned a large percentage of its fishing fleet (to preserve North Sea cod) like ours has? But then allows super trawlers to be built.

Or would you advise them to use a supermarket chain (unlike asda) that actually does supply fresh North Sea cod? No, I'd advise them to buy farmed fish until stocks recover or all commercial fishermen were subject to lie detectors. :clap2:

:icecream:

Discards - no Big cod doubt it. Tha can bet the tree hugging looney toons at Greenpeace are behind this piece of devilment. Is tha a member greenpiece big cod tha cod edded whitbyite.

Some call us woolly backs tha knows ,but i think its cod hayds down here.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Asda have admitted in the mail today, that the decision was influenced by protests from environmentalists.

Not a great fan of the tree huggers they're often economical with the truth, have a tendency to exaggerate for effect & are not shy of trampling over other peoples considerations.

Would rather their decision was made by reasoned debate involving all interested parties.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

. Can all these people really be that wrong?

Yes, they can be very wrong.

Hello wurzel, they could be wrong? and you could be right, but it will help to put another nail in the coffin of the uk commercial fisherman thats for sure, have you thought about your career change yet..........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Asda have admitted in the mail today, that the decision was influenced by protests from environmentalists.

Not a great fan of the tree huggers they're often economical with the truth, have a tendency to exaggerate for effect & are not shy of trampling over other peoples considerations.

Would rather their decision was made by reasoned debate involving all interested parties.

The trouble is 'all interested parties' do not share a single common objective and each will, to paraphrase yourself, often be economical with the truth, have a tendency to exaggerate for effect & not be shy of trampling over other peoples considerations.

The trouble is 'all interested parties' do not share a single common objective and each will, to paraphrase yourself, often be economical with the truth, have a tendency to exaggerate for effect & not be shy of trampling over other peoples considerations.

Absolutely seaside, it's why I included 'reasoned' in the sentence.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Hello Stavey

Hello wurzel, they could be wrong? and you could be right, but it will help to put another nail in the coffin of the uk commercial fisherman thats for sure,

I get the feeling that is what you think is a good thing. So you don't want a commercial fleet at all ? or is it you just don't want a inshore commercial fleet ?

Why should I have a career change? I have no trouble selling all the cod I can catch. the same goes for all fish.

I fish to live and live to fish.