Has the conservation forum died

steve good

Most of the forums have been slow lately. Not really sure why.

It seems to go in cycles of some sort.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I was just wondering the other day if all fishing forums are on the downward slope. Everyone I look at has very few posts lately. Ive noticed a slight pick up in the past week with the darker nights coming on.

Im sure there will be more conservation wars in the coming months.

Edited by glennk

Hi All

Has the conservation forum died, if so why.

Regards Steve

Some of us have been off on holiday catching fish. :D soooorrrry about that, must try and catch up. :P

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi All

Regards Steve

Here's one for you Steve.

http://www.thisiswesternmorningnews.co.uk/...il/article.html

In this one the guy wishes to make himself out as the local hero, very commendable but all he will get is a letter through his door from the mfa, then he will need the use of a barrister.

If he wishes to fish and give it away to all, why don't he fish off the harbour wall say for fresh mackerel without the need to break the law as it stands, if he is to make a point.

Within this article everyone is at fault who he wishes to be at fault. No mention of the minority fishing fleet, over tens and the armchair guys who do hold quota, perhaps he can go and ask them for some, or buy, rent some. Alternativly, once he has reached his quota, stop fishing, regarding mention of disgard, some of his collegues in the article are showing him the way to avoid, or is he classed as a masochistic dino and instead of changing just wishes to make life difficult for himself.

I understand that some of the west country skippers made a fortune out of anchovies this year, one boat, certainly more than a million, didn't hear too much about that.

Spent a few days down devon this week, fancied a fish dinner and ordered turbot in a brixham resturant. I'm sure it was a see through dab with the skin removed, tasted like it was more than a year old. Silly me i should have known too well that the general public can't get fresh fish down there as most of it is exported.

Went to a chinese one evening, scallops were off as well as sea bass from the menu just goes to show that the lyme bay closure and capture of the back door selling guys is having some effect. :lol:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Conservation was better supported whilst in the fishing section, yes punch ups did break out and mod input was high at times, but I am sure Sam has mellowed in his approach now days :lol:

Conservation should be a part of every sea anglers life, no good ignoring it, whether it is the bin bag brigade on the local pier, gill nets strung along our shore line, it does and will effect the quality of the fishing.

There will be a license goes without saying, you can add bag limits to that as well, no good the commercials snickering because their inshore efforts will also be curtailed. Whilst RSAs and commercials have been shredding each other, other bodies have been consolidating their efforts and are now getting a bigger shout than RSAs or commercials.

The writing was on the wall in letters a mile high but the vast majority of RSAs and commercials were far to arrogant to see it.

These people will have the biggest shouts on marine reserves and no take zones having put together much better arguments supported by a lot of information whether enhanced or not. RSAs are being shredded on the amount of leads and tackle being lost on reefs, so are commercials with loss of gill nets etc, the damage caused to bird life and many other aspects far to many to list.

So sit by, continue to shred each other and watch the show lads.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Conservation was better supported whilst in the fishing section, yes punch ups did break out and mod input was high at times, but I am sure Sam has mellowed in his approach now days :lol:

RSAs are being shredded on the amount of leads and tackle being lost on reefs,

Any links to that.

Left the first bit in as Sam has spread it out onto the world sea fishing forum as well?

Edited by barry luxton

Any links to that.

Left the first bit in as Sam has spread it out onto the world sea fishing forum as well?

His efforts have been noted :lol::lol:

I have read numerous articles related to the marine bill in on line news items, I read all the info sent to me by Leon and others, having an interest in marine birds I follow info related to their efforts. ECO bodies have a lot of common ground divers, bird watchers and they put up arguments which the public at large can relate to.

A recent local campaign for restricting RSA and commercial efforts around the islands of the south west coast of Wales absolutely shredded RSAs to the extent that RSAs were agreeing with the statements made even though anyone with half a brain could see they were grossly exaggerated.

This is just one small example of what is going on and I am sure the like of Leon can confirm just how much ground we have lost.

It is a joke when one considers the participant numbers, none of the other organisations have any where near the same numbers as RSAs but I am afraid they are making us look like idiots.

The only good thing as far as I am concerned is they have a similar deal going to the Golden Mile and a very well supported petition is taking place now and it contains my signature.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Hi All

Regards Steve

No they are :headhurt: not dead thats just how they Smell ;):P:D

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!