Simple Rigs

Elton

Hanging the hook on one of the grip wires is something done when boatcasting from a crowded boat. It lessens the chance of catching someone elses tackle, or ear, when casting. It does nothing for casting distance, and there's always the chance that it will tangle as it sometimes spins in the air. On the rare occasions when I fish on a charter boat I prefer to walk round the boat and cast from a safe position to hanging the hook on a grip wire.

Cheers Steve - I mainly fish the beaches when I get the chance, so running ledger is best bet for short range lob, I guess? (even my 'long range' casting is a short lob by most people's standards). :lol:

Edited by Westie

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed this Davy - is that a new hook by any chance ???? (another xmas present !!)

peter :)

Nah Peter.. that trace is around 4 years young.. still plenty of life left in it :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Cheers Steve - I mainly fish the beaches when I get the chance, so running ledger is best bet for short range lob, I guess? (even my 'long range' casting is a short lob by most people's standards). :lol:

Yes, the running leger or running paternoster are a good bet for short range stuff. Fixed paternoster also works well, but I like the fish to be able to take a bit of line without feeling the lead.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

when I fish on a charter boat I prefer to walk round the boat and cast from a safe position to hanging the hook on a grip wire.

It's not so much a case of hanging the hook on the grip wires as laying the bait on the grip wires. With soft baits like peeler, and whole sides of mackeral/herring, laying the bait on the grip wires ensures that the bait stays on the hook.

I once sore a rig for tuna fishing made of a bike wheel with hundreds of muppets hanging on it, this is then trolled!

Sorry the thread is simple rigs.(I digressed)

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Hiya,

Yup Elton.. that's one of the few rig's I use.. here is the heavy version of it:

Trace.JPG

That's exactly the sort of thing.

But a bit lighter for me LOL

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Not done much uptiding but here in Arbroath we find a long flowing trace of about 3-5ft works well with some squid/mussle the best baits no flashing lights or tricks required, although when the sea is real clear 4-5 orange beads just up from the hook really gets em going.

Matt

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC