SFSA

Ian Burrett

The vibes I get levelled at the Scottish Federation of Sea Anglers is that it is only bothered with competitions and does little for the rank and file members.

They should be representing all aspects of Scottish sea angling but obviously don't

They should be pro-active on conservation issues.

They have, in conjunction with FishScotland.com started a Forum where you should be able to put your point to the committee members.

Why not join the forum and post your feelings.

http://www.fishscotland.co.uk/forum/forum....asp?FORUM_ID=10

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After posting this topic, I put a similar post on the SFSA forum and it has provoked much interesting discussion.

Bazza the public relation officer for the SFSA made the following comments

The fact that you introduced the link to SACN (http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/sacn/) shows how progress can be made by communication.

I'm sure that there are many anglers out there (me included) who did not know about the site.

Having now scanned through the site it would seem logical that the SFSA align any conservation activity to SACN, I will be happy to promote the work done through SACN and will arrange for a link on our fishsea site.

Bazza

Federation PRO / Sponsorship Officer.

This I believe is a major step forward as any initiatives in Scotland would be best going through our governing body.

All Scottish anglers should check out the SFSA forum out and preferably leave a comment

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Well done Ian :)

It's when angling organisations stop feeling vulnerable and start working together that real progress ensues.

No one organisation can do everything.

But working together, each to their strengths, they can do far more than they could ever achieve trying to compete with each other.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Leon.

I agree with you completely.

With the wonders of the `web`, search engines etc. I`m constantly amazed at some folks ignorance ( Lack of knowledge. Not lack of brain cells).

Hopefully, folk will follow links and realise, that other anglers are doing their bit.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Well done Ian,

As Leon said its only by getting together that anglers will get anything done. It still amazes me that people and in particular organisations have not realised the full poential for contacting people that the internet represents.

Its one of the strenghts of anglers net (apart from its a bunch of nice people ) that the moderators are prepared to allow links to other forums etc without the instant censorship i have seen on other forums.

Well done the moderators :D

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

This is a point the Steve Coppollo made to me the other day, he was saying how hes upset by all the argueing on this and other forums, and that the forums can be handy for promating conservation.He is on the Suffolk and Essex sea fisheries commitee and i think was planning on keeping the rest of us informed on progress.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

he didnt he asked Davy if he new what thrush was, insinuating that Davy was ichy and iratateing like thrush.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!