Solent Last Night

darnsarf

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be surprised if they didn't catch at least one conger.
No need to rub it in :wallbash:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

I got 'my little Angel' with me 'till around 4pm :) - she wants a quick foray into dad's wallet before I drop her round her friends house - then I can mosey on down. I guess will be ready for a meet around 6.00pm ?

Services again ?

Sorry no piccies until someone teaches me how to down / upload them :2:

Earlier in the day I met up with Phooey for my maiden launch at Bracklesham. You may be able to detect from the look on my face it's not what I had in mind for a gentle first outing, but the P13 made it easy, and surfing back in with the bow 'gettin' some air' was pretty exciting too. The eckla trollet seemed to work OK on the shingle, although it didn't have to go very far.

Earlier in the day I met up with Phooey for my maiden launch at Bracklesham. You may be able to detect from the look on my face it's not what I had in mind for a gentle first outing, but the P13 made it easy, and surfing back in with the bow 'gettin' some air' was pretty exciting too. The Eckla trolley seemed to work OK on the shingle, although it didn't have to go very far.

Hey chaps, good to meet you all again and meet paintfly for the first time, shame about the fishing.

As for Bracklesham, looking at the sea conditions, I wouldn't have bothered, the mark would be unfishable, if it's like that next time your in the area head for Langstone Harbour more protected more likely to catch, but just remember if you catch a bass this time of year, it must go back, also worth watching the the water depth, you have about 2 hours either side of high water, then it all disappears down the plug hole, I know I've been stranded on the mud :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Slight amendment to the above post - if you catch a bass in Langstone Harbour from a vessel (that ncludes a kayak or even a float tube) it must be returned to stay within the law. Langstone is a designated nursery area - ALL BASS, regardless of size, have to be returned. In the Langstone/Chichester harbour areas - and Poole Harbour, the Fisheries Officers are particularly vigilant. Besides, you would only be reducing your own fishing opportunities. Thats all. Nothing wrong with catch and release.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Isn't that what I just said :)

There are plenty of opportunities for other species in the harbour, just not managed to catch any of them as yet, but told there are lots of flounder about, about where I'm not sure :D

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

NO - you said at this time of year - time of year has nothing to do with it! Smile smile.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

I believe it does in Langstone, Bass may be targetted from a vessel from November 2nd to April 29th according to:

http://ukbass.com/seabassandfishery/inshorerules.html

I'm not saying I agree with this, I'm just saying you can and would advise all that fish the area to fish catch and release only whenever you fish.

As Millie would say.... Nah, nah, na, nah nah :D :D :D

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X