Solent Last Night

darnsarf

Starvinmarvin, Phooey, Paintfly and myself met last night for an evening session on the Solent/Hamble. Turned out to be a calm moonlit evening, ideal after some of the recent windy sessions. we launched from Hamble Point Marina on a spring tide just after low.

Although the car park is next to the beach we had 100m walk to the sea thanks to the tide. After a brief chat we agreed to head out to the BP refinery jetty as this marks the edge of the dredged channel and the structure should attract something.

SM joined us after trying for flatties on the way out. Eventually all 4 of us anchored off the Jetty and waited..............and waited...........and waited.

Suddenly my running ledger rod bent over, I struck and felt the 12lb rod buck with the fight. The Yak started to turn in the direction of the fish. What was it? Damn, the line went solid it had snagged me. But I didnt give up for 20 mins I manouvered the yak to try and release, to no avail. I got snapped off! Curses............. Later found out I had been fighting Paintflys anchor line.........and lost! :P:headhurt::wallbash::D

I did manage a Pout on the float later but that was the bag for the lot of us.

After a quick sortie around the mouth of the Hamble (tide to strong) we headed back to the beach and landed just before the fog rolled in.

Despite the lack of fish it was a beautiful night and the usual pleasure to meet up with the gang.

Hopefully Phooey and SM have some photos to post.

Next: Warbarrow tomorrow night (Me, Phooey and Paintfly)

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you launching this time P might bring the missus down to show her what the fuss is all about

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

As there is 3 of us we were thinking of Tyneham again! Wiill be trying to do all night to sunrise! Guess what rig i'll be taking?

what time then P?maybe I can give you a push off if you plan a seal launch

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

Timings will depend on Phooey as he has something on in the morning, will let you know.

Brilliant Darnsarf, reminds me of the time I took Shonnzy out on my boat and he caught the 12.5 kilo anchorfish

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I got 'my little Angel' with me 'till around 4pm :) - she wants a quick foray into dad's wallet before I drop her round her friends house - then I can mosey on down. I guess will be ready for a meet around 6.00pm ?

Services again ?

Sorry no piccies until someone teaches me how to down / upload them :2:

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

I still have trouble posting pictures - or rather I don't, because I still can't work it out either!

Jeepster and Specimen spent ages trying to get me to recognise how to do it - beyond my KEN I'm afraid....

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

post-7370-1145226023_thumb.jpgDarnsarf,Phooey and Paintfly have launched this evening from Kimmeridge-------lucky b####ers looks like they are in for a good night,can't wait for the catch report

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5