arrogance?

*Ant*

Maybe it's about time the world stopped throwing trillions at Africa and they started taking some responsability for themselves. By that I mean the rulers of the countries, not the general populations. It's not as if Africa is devoid of money or resources.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's about time the world stopped throwing trillions at Africa and they started taking some responsability for themselves. By that I mean the rulers of the countries, not the general populations. It's not as if Africa is devoid of money or resources.

Couldn't agree more. The problem is that most of the general population is too busy trying to keep their families alive to get involved in Politics, leaving the Politicians to run the country via their private Swiss bank accounts.

They are immensley rich in resources, unfortunately mostly foreign owned and exploited.

There should be no need to throw so much money at the problem. If the resources put into growing out of season luxury food for export were utilised in growing food for the local population it would go a long way to solving the problem.

If foreign banks stopped lending them money and them demanding it back with stupid rates of interest they wouldn't have to grow crops for export whilst their own people starve.

The fact is that the problems are solvable, given the will, but I could not just watch babys die for a simple drink of clean water, could you?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

The fact is that the problems are solvable, given the will, but I could not just watch babys die for a simple drink of clean water, could you?

Of course not, all i'm saying is the present system of throwing money at Africa hasn't and doesn't work. What will work? I just don't know but something has to be done or in 20 years time we will look back and nothing will have changed.

Edited by *Ant*

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Sportsman - Who do you call a South African? A Namibian, Swazi, Sotho, Zimbabwean, Zambian, Mozambiquan?? The are all "South African" and I have LIVED in every one of the countries named. You just dismiss what I am saying as "a particularly South African Response"

I have NEVER seen any large farms growing anything but Maize, Sorghum, Vegetables or Tobacco. The only other "crop" was cattle, so I think that remark needs retracting now. I will offer you as proof, the lunatic that is the Dictator in Zimbabwe has stolen the lands from the "rich white farmer" and the country is staring famine in the face. And please don't say it is because of the weather - why does it not affect their neighbours!!

Yes, the mortality is high, but so was ours during the plague, and we didn't have Countries throwing money at us!!

AIDS is indeed self inflicted, you can go NOWHERE in Africa without newspaper items, leaflets, posters, Adverising boards etc all giving the same message "HAVE SAFE SEX", condoms are given away free!!

And you want US to pay for the vain, but expensive hospitalisation of those who will not listen and our own pensioners can die of starvation or freeze to death?????

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Guest tigger
Africans traditionally have large families not for an easier life but because half their children die before reaching the age of 10 and the only way to have anyone to look after him in his old age (remember, no welfare) is to have enough children so at least some of them survive.

I thought it is because they don't believe in contraception. If they bothered to use condoms they'd cut down the amount of starving children and Aids in one stroke. They need educating that we are all responsible for our own actions. Since you have such strong views maybe you are the Man for the job, stop preaching on here and go over to Africa and do it.

Good luck :thumbs:

Guest tigger
Sportsman - Who do you call a South African? A Namibian, Swazi, Sotho, Zimbabwean, Zambian, Mozambiquan?? The are all "South African" and I have LIVED in every one of the countries named. You just dismiss what I am saying as "a particularly South African Response"

I have NEVER seen any large farms growing anything but Maize, Sorghum, Vegetables or Tobacco. The only other "crop" was cattle, so I think that remark needs retracting now. I will offer you as proof, the lunatic that is the Dictator in Zimbabwe has stolen the lands from the "rich white farmer" and the country is staring famine in the face. And please don't say it is because of the weather - why does it not affect their neighbours!!

Yes, the mortality is high, but so was ours during the plague, and we didn't have Countries throwing money at us!!

AIDS is indeed self inflicted, you can go NOWHERE in Africa without newspaper items, leaflets, posters, Adverising boards etc all giving the same message "HAVE SAFE SEX", condoms are given away free!!

And you want US to pay for the vain, but expensive hospitalisation of those who will not listen and our own pensioners can die of starvation or freeze to death?????

Spot on!!!!!

Tigger.

I thought it is because they don't believe in contraception. If they bothered to use condoms they'd cut down the amount of starving children and Aids in one stroke. They need educating that we are all responsible for our own actions. Since you have such strong views maybe you are the Man for the job, stop preaching on here and go over to Africa and do it.

Good luck :thumbs:

I have been over to Africa and done it! What have you done?

Guest tigger
I have been over to Africa and done it!

You've not done a very good job then have you?

I think you should go back and try again. :)

Tigger.

You've not done a very good job then have you?

I think you should go back and try again. :)

Tigger.

The other part of the statement was a question "what have you done"

I think your answer to that sums it up