bivvys

hello everyone

i want to buy a new bivvy, but theres so many on the market , i dont no whats good and whats not.

it needs to be a 2 man bivvy and easy to erect.

ive been told the tfg force 8 2 man bivvy is good for the money only £150.00, but ive heard bad reports on tfg gear.

any ideas

WHEN IM GOOD THEY NEVER REMEMBER

WHEN IM BAD THEY NEVER FORGET.

It is down to you on how times in the year you will uses it!

As there are so many two man bivvy out on the market these day so everything is down to trail and error. The best bet is to have an look at some of the two man bivvyies in a big tackle shop near to you if possible where they have them on displays.

At the moment I do not have any of the two man bivvy as I don't need one. But I am not going to recommend on the Fox 2 man Bivvy because it is way pass your spending limit but there are some cheaper models which does the job.

The best ones I have seen is (in my view) is the JRC range especially in the two man bivvys.

There is a Continental 2 man Geodesic MK3 which has a sale price of £110

but if you want an better quality one then If you can afford it - the JRC STI 2 man TWIN SKIN with an sale price of £200

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Sorry but cant really help here Frankie.Im still looking for a new "big" bivvy as well.

I say "big" as I like to have two bivvies for different situations.For some years now Ive been using a Nash Oval Brolly/bivvy system.Big enough to get my bivvy bed (need one of these due to my weight) in but still small enough to fit into restricted swims.It is old fashioned and takes a long time to set up which means if I want to be mobile I have to just use the brolly.

For long session (especially abroad) I have been using several "2man" bivvies.Not really 100%happy with any of them.Have been looking for sometime now.Nearly brought a "pram hood" style one in France a few years ago and undoubtedly this will be the type of design I eventually get.Trouble is that with them being so expensive I want to make sure I choose the right one! Andrews advice about going and comparing a few set up is good,maybe one of the big shows? should also be able to get a bit of discount with so many retailers under the one roof?

Be interested to hear what others reccomend.When people do reccomend ones though it really helps if they also say what ones they are comparing it with.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Hutchy Cabrio 2 man=massive,or Chub Cyfish 2 man twin skin which is identical to the sti but doesn't have a door in the wrap and can be got for £140.

cheers lads

it just needs to be warm and quick to erect

WHEN IM GOOD THEY NEVER REMEMBER

WHEN IM BAD THEY NEVER FORGET.

JRC STI 2 Man Bivvy, easy to erect and room for loads of kit around £175.00

Just got a JRC STI 2 Man myself, a great bit of kit and good price, have been using a JRC Roamer Dome

(1 man) for the past year and me and my son have even got 2 Nash bedchairs in that easy, the the STI 2 man is like our own bungalow on the bank, JRC bivvy's rock :)

I got a Shakespeare 2 man Camo-Cypry dome early last year - it's huge, and warm...but won't fit into a tight swim. For most of my sessions I have got Alan Taylor's 2-man which is a german make. Apart from the lack of a storm porch, it does me fine even in moderately bad weather. The downside to both of these is that condensation becomes an issue. You need quality ventilation between the inner and the fly sheet - and a gap of at least 5cms to aid movement of air between them.

I have used a Nash of some sort in the past, borrowed from a cousin. The words 'leaks like a sieve' seem to be fairly important in this context.

He now borrows one of mine when the need arises.

BTW - if anyone attending Steve Burke's Wingham Fish-In needs to borrow a bivvy, let me know, I can help out.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Check out the Trakker Armo 1. It is on offer on a couple of places at the moment (tackle box) at £220 which includes Groundsheet and Winter wrap. Ber'luddy bargain and an excellent bivvy to boot. Quick to erect, to put away and move. No bank sticks needed either. I bought one last month for a weeks fishing in frog land and it is worth every penny.

Only 1 man though..!!!!

So this does not help much....sorry.!

P.S. I got mine s/h for only £140

Edited by Zaphod

Best Fishes

Zaph'

--------------

http://www.tenchfishers.net

Zaphods just 'zis guy, you know..!