Subscribe to this forum

Switch to: Outline

Standard

Switch to: Linear+

cobweb Yesterday, 07:04 AM Post #21

Group: Members

Member No.: 6,524

QUOTE(sam-cox @ Apr 23 2006, 11:11 PM)

Muttleys Explorer Elite and the four stroke Merc will do 56 miles on 10leters.

Sam, gallons surely

No mate leters, the new four strokes are very economical.

Cliff its diesel engines that put out more polution than clean burning petrol engins, you also have the particulates with diesel engines.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the way I get to my fishing spots.

What size boat can you pull with that?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

How much anti-foul does it take to coat up your hull Cliff? Do you flush to toilet? How much gas do you use to keep the pies warm and the tea on tap? How do you heat your boat? How many trees died to build her? If everyone had a 13 ton boat how much would the sea level rise?

Sounds silly doesn't it. :lol:

Gas? still using the same bottle I put on board in July last year! Modern anti foul is far less toxic than the old 'arsenic' based product, most moder boats have a high content of 'plastic' mate. Even I have to c**p occasionally, yeh, I now, I talk a lot of it too :lol::lol: The point is, one is talking reductions, even simple awareness?, abstinence is impractical.

Stoaty has put the point off acid etc., looking after our planet covers all aspects of conservation, fish, birds, trees, the human race! No good saving the fish if there aint no one left to catch em? That will be the ultimate disaster and it is coming . . . in the next milloin or so years :o:sun::blink:

:ph34r:

Dunno about that, we've got bad 'May bloom' already. So much plankton that the seagulls are eating it off the surface!

With the lack of fish at the moment, what size hook do people recommend for plantkon when after seagulls? :blink:

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society

The link between fish conservation and greenhouse gas emissions is the increase in acidity of the sea. Some creatures are struggling to come to terms with this and are dying off, coral is dissolving, even your humble cockle is affected. It's even been suggested that it could effect the way crabs peel. This effects fish in two ways. Firstly they are sensitive to acidic water and will move off and secondly their food stocks become depleted.

Does acidic water make fish shrink? Only there seems to be the same species around that there have always been, but they seem to be much smaller in size.

Or could it be that they are being caught when they are still babies?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

OK, we have made our points, no one has spat the dummy. However, the question of conservation in all its facets remains. To me, its one cargo split up into boxes, regardless of which box one ads to, or removes from, the final evaluation will be as a whole.

So, as it would be impractical to expect total abstinence on any issue, why not take a look at the execution. High use OB's could be tamed by the judicial use of the throttle, 10-15% will help and put a bit in the pocket as well. Retune fish not wanted for the pot, and be sure to keep to the unofficial larger sizes.

Any one hear this:

It all hapend 80 years ago . . . ?

Broadcast feature on Lowestoft commercial Fishing on 'Suffolk Radio' this morning. The commercial trawler men said . . . cod have moved north, there is a glut of Herring and they cant give them away, and they are having a bumper time on the Sole at the moment. They also said they are looking to adapt, but its early days? Apparently the cod moved off North 80 years ago, they came back when the sea had a rest during the war period 39-45. Final pitch was that successive governments have given our fishing away?

Wonder if the glut of hearring will encourage the Tuna to retun as they were in the 20's and 30's. Big money there on a charter game boat?

Cliff :ph34r:

Fast small fishing boats using four stroked and new gen two strokes are enjoying very much improved econermy.

The fast boat will get to the fishing mark quickly so its engin will only be running for a short time.

The larger displacment boats using diesel engines will be runing their engines longer to get to the same fishing mark there for puting out more pollution. Well thats my thery.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Guest muttley
Peddle to the metal, eh! nearly 50 quids worth :huh:

:blink: A point just stuck me, here we are, sitting high and mighty, judging all and sundry, shouting about conservation etc??? and yet we witness it every trip, 50 quids worth of petrol X goodness knows how many boats around the country, X how many day, adding to greenhouse gasses??? I'm a Cabbie and only use that much in a week!

Not pointing at you personally 'Sharkbyte', the penny has just dropped, fast boat are so inefficient! :yucky::wallbash:

Time for a re think :g::thumbdown: . . . who's going to run with, and justify this one?

:ph34r:

Not all fast boats are inefficient...my Explorer will do about 50-60miles on a single tank(well my 60 hp merc 4-stroke will)

Apparently the cod moved off North 80 years ago, they came back when the sea had a rest during the war period 39-45. Final pitch was that successive governments have given our fishing away?

They did not realy come back untill the 60's when the north sea cooled down a bit.

They are right about the governments, they are still doing it.

Sorry I just had to stick me oar in.

As for fast or slow boats,whats the difference in a 10 mile jurney, a fast boat that uses 1 gallon a per mile to a heavy old plodder that uses 2 gallons per hour at 5 knots.

I also think globle warming and imissions is a bit like over fishing, a myth.

I fish to live and live to fish.