Smallest Pond You Have Fished

Guest rabbit

:P
Ah... 30m x 20m... These anglers, did they look like this at all?
as it happens....yep!

Paul

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Family pool at leighton fisheries nr codsall wolverhampton.

0.2 acres and about 3/4 pegs.

caught 2 carp to 6lb from the top, ocuple of small tench and loads of silver fish.

post-4354-1146048761_thumb.jpg

hmmmm really

:nono:

Naughty Rudd and two friends at the age of 12 had just been to Bent hill tackle shop (no longer there) in Felixstowe to get some sundries including hooks and line, we then got ourselves some lunch consisting of pasty and chips.

Lunch was being consumed next to a square ornamental council concreate pond approx 8 x 4ft that had a wall round it along the seafront at the bottom of the pram walk.

Being lads and anglers all three of us sat on the wall.

Cant remember who but one of us dropped a bit of food into the pond by accident and a big dark shape shot out from the weed and consumed the tit bit.

It must of taken me less than a minute to tie a hook onto a spool of line, bait up with a bit of pasty and drop it into the depth's. A minute later a small dark coloured goldfish/carp hybrid was handlined out.

A few mins later three lines were in and we all caught these strange fish.

We should not have fished with these handlines but at the time had only ever caught Rudd or Eels from freshwater, not long after we started fishing Trimley carp lakes for Crucians as our angling knowledge and need to catch new and bigger species grew.

Edited by RUDD

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

If we're talking about naughty childhood poaching of ornamental ponds...

When we were kids we used to fish the two lakes uphill from Stamford Park, Ashton-Under-Lyne. We used to catch the bus from the road downhill from the park, and so would often walk through the park on our way home. There is a small duck pond in the park itself, fed by a stream running from the upper lakes. One day we spotted a shoal of enormous (to us) roach in the pond. I think it must have seemed too small a pond to fish with rod and reel, as we rigged up a 13' match rod pole-style and took turns with it, fishing by sight. We caught some lovely bread-fed roach in the 8oz-1lb range before the parkie spotted us and chucked us off. From then on it was a regular stop-off on the way back to the bus. They must eventually have got sick of chasing us away, because one day the fish all vanished and were never seen again. I think they must have had it netted.

I found a photograph on the web of the pond showing the little islands, though not the wooden bridge we used to fish from. Nostalgia!

aul163.jpg

Has anyone else fished Langham pond in Runnymede? It used to be on the OWAC ticket. That was seriously small. As I remember, it resembled a short section of canal and was heavily weeded up. Had some cracking tench and a few jacks out of it.

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire

15 ft by 20 ft by 10ft deep caught a lovely 2 pound chub, a 3 pound perch and plenty of tench,i fish a lot of small pools well we call them pits, there on the farm and with plenty of fish in each, but this is the smallest one of them all.

Fished a little pool in the brickyard where my dad worked, when I was a kid. Just 3 pegs but it was pure heaven, I used to dream about it. Contianed crucian carp, roach, perch and gudgeon. Best fish was 12 1/2 ounce perch, it still gives me inspiration today.

Sadly the pool has been filled in by the company, terrible really as nothing has been done with the land. Also sad from a nostalgic point of view as my dad passed away recently and places like this were real memory anchors to remember good times. I do miss my dad.

Check out my weekly Angling Journal at.....Stewart Bloor's Angling Journal

• 2 years later...
As a follow up to Papa L Thread, I posted that I fish a very small pond near me. Whats the smallest pond you have fished and what did you catch, or see?

hey i have a pond near me to a similar size but only one spot to fishfrom and there are crucian and rudd in there i only ever caught the crucian in thre and they were like 5"-7" theyre nice fish :fishing1: bloody hard to catch tho :wallbash: you got any ideas for catching the crucian?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie...mp;t=h&z=18

Fantastic, Roach, Rudd, Crucians and Bream. there are loads of similar ones around that area too.

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"