Zander fish-in #2 - 24 Oct

Anderoo

No probs folks.

So far we have me, Tigger, Rich, and Alex. Unless I hear any different I'll cancel 3 of the 5 boats on Friday morning when I'm there.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Ok, I cancelled 3 of the 5 boats yesterday when I was there, so we have me + tigger, and Alex + rich. Looks like it will be quite a windy week so I'll keep an eye on the weather and let you know if it looks dodgy.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I'll be staying in Tuesday, I don't like it out in the wind since that oak tree fell on me and crushed my poor little car!!

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Anderoo,

I've been meaning to ask. What do you call the knot we call the "J" knot? IMO best for fluro. The "j" when well lubed and carefully tightened has the least strangulation pressure. That's what I've been convinced to believe. No science on my part.

Phone

Lyn that sounds horrible, glad you weren't in it!

Phone I had to look that knot up, it's one I've never used. I guess we call it a j knot too. To join braid to flouro I use an albright knot, which was fine when I used 10lb PP, but I've recently got some much thinner braid (0.06mm) and all the knots I tried to connect it to flouro were unreliable at best, with them either slipping or the thin braid cutting through the flouro, sometimes after several hours. So I now have to use a very small swivel to connect them.

I'd rather not use a swivel but it's worth it to be able to use the thin braid. On my last session it didn't seem to make any difference to lure control or bite indication, but it is easy to accidentally reel the swivel into the tip rings. So I have a little bit of rubber anti tangle sleeve over it to help prevent any damage.

This is now cancelled - very dodgy weather expected, and Alex now can't make it. Tigger knows, rich let me know you've seen this please (saves battling jet lag in the pouring rain...!)

I tried the J knot once....didn't get on with that at all. I used the Albright for years until I found the "Red Phillips", just as strong but much quicker to tie on a tossing boat (!) and much smaller through the guides!

• Like 1

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!