Ive Got Ants In My House....

deanbmw

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sandpipper

This might sound silly but thinking back to when we were kids we used to get ants then draw a big circle with stick of chalk and the ants couldnt get out, they didnt like the chalk,and i believe the ant powder you get is chalk/lime based. what im saying is find out where there comming in from and draw a line around where there comming from.

I agree with Franticfisherman2. If you've got anti's in your garden, boiling water will usually see them off - it's even better if there's soap in it. If that doesn't work, spark up the barbie and chuck on a couple of big blood dripping steaks.

Or, you could keep the antis as petas.

I think we've gained some vowels there.

I ve got ants coming in from some where......no referance to you Ant.

Whats the best way to get rid of them?

Ive got to becarefull with what i use cause of the dog.

any ideas?

Sell the dog and get an Ardvark :P

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Guest tigger
S'far as I am aware the NIPPON range is OK for ANIMALS?? Or try double sided tape!! But whatever you do you will NOT eradicate them!!

You have to start useing Nippon now so the ants feed their pupa with it, so killing all the colony.

Other than that just squash em when you see em. You may get two or three hatches through the year, thats when the ones with wings come out to bugger off and start a fresh colony else where. I found the best thing to do is just hoover them up, they don't like wizzing arround in the hoover!

If you can put up with seeing the odd one or three moochin about the house they do get rid of other little bugs you wouldn't want. A bit like your own security firm seaking out horrible bugs! :)

Tigger.

Or, you could keep the antis as petas.

I think we've gained some vowels there.

Well, I thought it was funny. :lol:

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Guest Finepix
I agree with Franticfisherman2. If you've got anti's in your garden, boiling water will usually see them off - it's even better if there's soap in it. If that doesn't work, spark up the barbie and chuck on a couple of big blood dripping steaks.

Don't put boiled water on your grass though, it'll kill it (as I know too well :blink: ) ...

Guest Jan V
Don't put boiled water on your grass though, it'll kill it (as I know too well :blink: ) ...

How close to bushes and plants do you dare get with the boiling water? We have a number of very large ant hills in the front yard but they are very near bushes.

thanx folks some good tips to try, but now the kids have trained the dog to get em....."wheres the ants" gets him in a frenzy now and hes lapin them up.....can wait till hes trained to drop them in the misses lap :D

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.