Beachcasting for carp

Guest Brumagem Phil

steve walkers diagram is exactly how i fish for big carp & i tell u now it works... iv had days of 20-30 carp biggest 17 pound on a pool i fish, but i dont think the carp go much bigger at this pool....so give it a wiz....the only prob iv had with this is if i tighten the lines to much & they take it they end up ripping the bait of without being hooked so i tighten the main line then lower the rod so it gives a bit of slack for the line that dangles with the hook bait on. so it gives them space to suck in the bait & move off......this is because im using bread though, if your using or glueing dog biscuits you might not need any slack in your hook length..

this technique hooks the fish automatically & no need to strike in most cases,the tension of the line hooks them as they bolt off, but beware..........allways leave your bait runner switched on so they can take line & attatch a bait allarm to your rod rest so when they take it & swim off they will take line & your bait alarm will tell u your in :)))))) run like hell i bet your in the next peg talking to some guy.lololol

Another problem : can cause tangles sometimes.......i use a 3 way swivel from the mainline, but i should probably should be just attaching the hook length to the mainline with some sort of loop attachment which i havnt yet tryed....

i cant really comment on how close the hook length should be from the float iv had mine 2 feet from the float & it works well & i use a 8 inch hook length from the mainline, a pike float & a 3 oz led, the heavier the lead the better as you can tighten your mainlne a bit more for the bolt rig style... :yeah:

another prob i encountered on deep water's is the fact that you have to try and cast a massive length of setup....& vertually imposs to cast over head if you have trees above. so i just do underarm casts as the fish are normally just under your feeet, so i cast around 2 rod lengths out & put a few freeby baits around mine.

Edited by flank0

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brumagem Phil

Yep flank0 it is an absolutely devastating way to catch carp. Works its magic the best at night too which not a lot of people realise. :)

I'd forgotten about this thread so nice to have a read again............flying tench, did you try this setup again? How did you get on?

• 1 month later...
hi everyonr

Hi rexts, and welcome to AN. You win the prize for the strangest first post I think :) . Your best bet is to post an introduction, and if you've got a comment or question, put it on there. Don't be afraid of this lot on here, they're not that bad. Most of them are 'barking mad' but their 'barking' is worse than their biting in most cases. ;)

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John