South Devon Fishing Report

ChrisW

Hi Guys,

Myself and Mark from Paignton went down to Brixham today and fished around the inner mariner first then the seaward side of the breakwater. It was a little lumpy in the last hour of the tide coming in but we had a good result approx 24/26 mackerel between us with Mark catching the bulk of these (I think he must of stepped in something) :lol:

The weather was good and we timed it right coming in as when we had just landed it started to rain but hey what the hell anyway.

No photos Im afraid it was the first time I have forgotten my camera :wallbash:

Anyway Im sure another trip will be planned soon after a little more investigation.

ChrisW

Hi Chris,

If I'm right this would be your first successful sea trip?

Well done it just gets better and better :) and you've got the whole season stretching ahead of you :sun:

Jon

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Hi Chris,

Sorry I couldn't make it out with Mark and you. Sounds like I missed a good trip.

I'll get my fish smoker out of the garage for the next trip!! :)

Dave

Kayak - Hobie Mirage Outback

Location - Paignton

Hi Chris,

If I'm right this would be your first successful sea trip?

Well done it just gets better and better :) and you've got the whole season stretching ahead of you :sun:

Jon

First one of many to come hopfully Musket, with a fishfinder on the way and gaining local knowledge all the time like you said "it just gets better and better"

Great fun playing a mackerel on light tackle from a yak just cant wait for the first bass on the same.

Chrisw

First one of many to come hopfully Musket, with a fishfinder on the way and gaining local knowledge all the time like you said "it just gets better and better"

Great fun playing a mackerel on light tackle from a yak just cant wait for the first bass on the same.

Chrisw

hi Chris caught my first Bream from the yak on Saturday ---brilliant sport wish they grew bigger!congratulations for your good trip

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Hiya Chris.

Glad you both had a nice trip out.

There is some interesting grounds off the end of the breakwater.

The stantions of re-fueling station hold some very fine fighting Mullet and Bass.

Need to be carfull with the gear though, there is tons of crap around the bottom of the stantions, and lots of old warp, but iff you can keep just above that, youll have some excellent sport, plenty of wrasse there too, good little scrappers.

If you fancy a trip this way , let us know.

Bill. :)

Bill. I saw you today ( sunday) playing with the yak,is that your new one ???? like the stand by the way. Was going to stop but not my car. terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)