Tope Trip Wales

SpeciMan

HF,

Bought a Masterline Tideline Boat System, 12lb, 20lb and 30lb (might be a 50lb can't remember) tips all in one package, £55 from Poole Angling Centre, very nice bit of kit. Zzippy has one as well.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm recomed that over one of these full carbon fladdy jobbys ive heard a lot about :D

erm is it possible to get an

map link for the route there :D any tips on what way to go what to avoid etc :D

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

Fladens Solid Carbons are very good, but for me too short in length, you need to be sure that you can get the line around both ends of the kayak, Tope like to run and turn and run again, jump and turn... you get the picture, so being able to keep the line clear of the yak is important, if you have long arms you will be OK, Fladen also do a cheaper 12lb rod which are very good as well, under £50 I believe.

Sorry for the garbled reply, should be working. :D

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

I can't leave it like that :D

http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/acatalog/B...ptide_rods.html

Fladen Maxximus Boat Rod 29.95! Artfulfisher used one of these for the Tope last year.

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

That's right I did and it's a cracker...also got the solid carbon jobby which is a work of art and handles the tope easily too....well better than me anyway! Only thing I will add is watch the rings on the solid carbon....I rinse mine after every use but noticed rust appearing under the varnish a few weeks ago :(

Still a great rod though and you won't be dissapointed with either...good luck with your shopping!

...and Martin cheers for the sympathy, have a great trip and catch a 60lber for me....once you've had a couple for yourself of course! :D

Tightlines, Rich

erm is it possible to get an

map link for the route there :D any tips on what way to go what to avoid etc :D

Only thing to avoid is going to Towyn ( which is near Rhyl on the N. coast) as many have been referring to it on here.

You want Tywyn in Gwynedd, just N. of Aberystwyth. Google Multi Map and type in the postcode.

Ynysymaengwyn Caravan & Camping Tywyn Gwynedd LL36 9RY Tel 01654 710 684

(still laughing about that headbutting the keyboard crack):bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Depends where you're coming from, but if South, I would advise going Mway all the way.(M5 to West Bromwich - M6 - M54 -Shrewsbury - A5 - A458 via Welshpool to Mallwyd -A470 towards Dolgelau then A487 and finally B4405 To Tywyn) It might look like a big dogleg, but I used to fly in British League Hang Gliding comps at Llandinam and this was by far the quicker route instead of trying cut accross S.E.Wales (Brecon, Builth Wells etc.)

See you there.

I'm flying in on GPS this time (she has a lovely soothing voice), as everytime I go I end up lost or travelling further than I need, try and stay off the Toll Road, cost me £7 in the van and took me over an hour longer to get there. Came home cross country, traffic was light in both directions :(

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

I'm flying in on GPS this time (she has a lovely soothing voice), as everytime I go I end up lost or travelling further than I need, try and stay off the Toll Road, cost me £7 in the van and took me over an hour longer to get there. Came home cross country, traffic was light in both directions :(

Which one is the toll road?

M6, think it's £3.50 for cars. I'll be going via leominster and Newtown I think it's the way I always come back so hopefully can work out how to go that way :D

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X