Ideas for a UK holiday

Snatcher

It is beautiful folk :) Just do a google search :) Within 20 miles of Stranraer you have 4 botanical gardens and the Galloway forest.

It is so undiscovered it is not true. The fishing is mint :)

For those who angle check out Ian Burretts website "onyermarks"

Somewhere different for a hol? check it out :)

"Gods Country" :):):):):)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

My wife and i have spent two holidays in the area,a great place to visit.

I would also love to live there.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

If you think the Lake District is God's gift to human's then do yourself a favour and travel that bit further and visit Dumfries and Galloway. It will blow your mind away with its unspoilt scenery and roads devoid of caravans and day trippers(this thread might just spoil it now).

Given half a chance I would move and relocate over there

If you think the Lake District is God's gift to human's then do yourself a favour and travel that bit further and visit Dumfries and Galloway. It will blow your mind away with its unspoilt scenery and roads devoid of caravans and day trippers(this thread might just spoil it now).

Given half a chance I would move and relocate over there

Brian you have hit the nail on the head :)

Edited by Snatcher

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

One word of warning, when we've gone up we've stayed at Burrow Head, across the bay. On our drives round the to the Mull, we usually encounter two elderly ladies in a red Corsa. They're obviously not used to other road users, and are oblivious to them. They tend to drive down the centre of the road (although not choosy left or right will do), and can be identified by the build up of traffic behind them. Though annoying the first time, we started to look out for them on subsequent trips, and they became just another part of the holiday. :)

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest tigger

I live on the Isle of Anglesey and you'll find it hard to beat for the scenery, fishing,walking etc, etc. Theres Tout lakes, carp lakes, pristene Salmon and trout rivers and some of the best Sea fishing in the UK.

Also now with the A55 expressway it's only 2hrs from Manchester.

If Scotland is so great, why don't people stay up there.

How many more scottish politicians and TV programme presenters do we need to run England?

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

If Scotland is so great, why don't people stay up there.

How many more scottish politicians and TV programme presenters do we need to run England?

Would they be holiday programme presenters or PR consultants promoting Dumfries and Galloway

We'll be moving up that way from the Isle of Man, bought a house just around the corner from Snatchers caravan.

Top notch boat and shore fishing

Great scenery

Great hunting country

Great walking country etc etc

The people on the Rhins are a pretty special and friendly.

Aye and the beer, just ask Snatcher ;);)

I live on the Isle of Anglesey and you'll find it hard to beat for the scenery, fishing,walking etc, etc. Theres Tout lakes, carp lakes, pristene Salmon and trout rivers and some of the best Sea fishing in the UK.

Also now with the A55 expressway it's only 2hrs from Manchester.

Anglesey is nice Tigger, I've been there a couple of times, but if you are trying to promote the place, don't tell them the down side. One of the things wrong with Leeds, is that it's less than 2 hours from Manchester. :rolleyes:;)

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John