anglers day out?

tugmistress

Well spanner, i havent tried from the shore in ages but i was catching cod only a couple of hundered yards out from an area called murkle bay this year so im sure that it would be worth a bash, and its only a mile or so drive from thurso/scrabster

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi bob,

yep we can take a couple from up north lol.

yes i do know how boring it is sitting on the boat, i was onboard security for a year until this june! week on week off, was great fun in winter seeing people turn green!

the price goes up in january by 30p each way, so it should be £12.30 each way ( no difference for return fares though)oh yeah! you will get islander discount though, i will ask stuart to check tonight for you! do you have a customer ID no? if not then we will pm you with what details we need to set you up with one.

the sailing times change also bob, i assume you will come over on the friday night? i am back at work in a little while and i will pick up a new timetable to let you know the new sailing times.

lots of room here so no worries there bob, you are more than welcome to stay here.

folks, if bob and a n other comes over too, that will give us 11 people(10 people if you come alone bob). that gives us room for 1 more only(or 2).

the deposit has been paid today.the date is saturday 29th january 2005.

the total cost for the trip out is £200.

this puts the trip at £20 per person (i know 11 or 12 x 20 is more than 200 but the extra will be a kitty for something to be arranged (either drinks on the night, back up for tackle off the boat when we lose it all, prize for biggest fish or whatever)

Looks like you will be meeting "Bob on Stronsay" and Clive (Also of Stronsay, although not an Anglers Net member yet, still working on him).

Looking forward to meeting you all.

This is going to be a bit of a "Holiday" for me. We will leave Stronsay Friday morning and should get to Thurso by evening (That's 2 two hour boat trips). Clive wants to leave early Sunday but I could be tempted by a days beach fishing. So I would leave Sunday evening and get back home on the Monday.

Bob

Email sent to Paula

Hi Bob,

just got in from work and got your email and replied :)

i have already booked the saturday and sunday off work, may even book the friday and monday too yet :D

i know people will have been travelling up for most of the day friday, but stuart and i present a radio show on a friday night at our local radio station, if any of you want to come up to the studio with us you are more than welcome, or we could leave you at our house/pub boozing ha ha ha. or then again, we may book the night off from there too and have a drink with everyone anyway. :D

It makes a nice change to see all the Anglernet members from the South missing out on an Anglersnet members day out.

I will try (Very, very hard) to stay slightly sober on the Friday night so I can be bright eyed for the main event. No promises about the Saturday night though.

Who's up for a day's beach fishing on the Sunday. I don't think there is a bus service between Stromness and Kirkwall on the Sunday so unless my mate brings a car to the Orkney mainland we won't get home till the Monday anyway so may as well use the time productivly by fishing.

Bob