anglers day out?

tugmistress

ok, as i said in another thread somewhere, i have looked into the prices atc on the 'karen' for a day out fishing if anyone is up for it?

thurso anglers report from it was very good which is what has prompted me.

he can take any amount of people up to 12.

if we want the boat to ourselves it is £200 for the day ( have got discount with working at the harbour).

if we don't mind others making up the numbers to 12 it is £20 per person.

included in this is full toilet facilities, tea/coffee and a cooked dinner. if it is really cold there is soup available too.

just need to know who is interested and what dates?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, so i forgot to add this;

the 'karen' is at scrabster in the far north of scotland, accomodation wont be a problem if people want to crash out at our house and don't mind sleeping on the floor/where they fall, good excuse for a p*ss up. we could even pick people up from the train station if that is how you would get up here. bring a camera... stunning scenery, good fishing, they hauled about 50 cod yesterday on a full day trip all over 5lb also pollock, ling and coley. he has shark gear on board if you want to try that, best time here is january, porbeagle record is 507lb caught here!

Now that is an offer it should be hard to refuse for anyone living a little closer than I do.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

hope so newt, it'd be a great trip and what better way to meet people and put faces to names? BTW apparently you can fly to inverness (wick is slightly dearer though getting better and more connections) for not a lot of pennies then the train to thurso..... c'mon guys, you know you want to!

scotland is nearer to you Newt

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I've just cheacked on my GPS and it says that Rosyth (just north of Edinburgh) to Scrabster is 252 miles and will take 5 hours.

Looks like it could be fun, if a date is set I will see if I'm working or able to go...

David

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

well the date can be anytime, when are people liable to be able to take time off work? i know december would be a bad idea, but yes i can go with january, i have to take 42 days holiday each year so time off is not a problem for me. would people prefer a weekend or would midweek be better for booking hols?

You can do edinburgh to scrabster in 4 hours but not recommended! i know this i had to do it one night to be back to present the radio show at 10 that night (friday) and i got stuck in the traffic and didn't hit the bridge until about 6pm!easiest and quickest way for anyone south is m6 m74 then cut across to stirling then a9. I can get from Hull to scrabster in 9 hours that way with a stop and not nailing it.