fao - Arsenal Fans

*Ant*

According to the news this evening Henry has hinted thas the'll stay at Arsenal and last night's ref has admitted that the red card may have been an over reaction.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brumagem Phil
I'

As for the "English team" comment......well all i'll say is maybe an English club......but team?

Fair comment, and I agree with you........chelsea if I recall are as bad.

As to the remarks about birmingham and the midlands sides.......yes, spot on they have had a season of mediocrity, but (even though I'm not really a footy follower) they are my teams from my area. The people who really do my head in are the man u fans who dont even know where manchester is (substitute many other top flight teams here).

Its become a mockery really based on money........someone who has never been to london supports chelsea and their myriad of overseas players. I guess its part the reason it doesnt interest me.

Much rather be chasing big carp :):):)

I'm gutted

My only consolation is that Spuds have forgotten past mistakes (Rebrov, Postiga etc) and splashed £10m+ on a dodgy Eastern European 'striker' that no one else rates. I can always rely on them to cheer me up :P

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

The Birmingham and West Midlands clubs enjoyed a successful season just ended, didn't they?

2 relegations and a lot of mediocrity from what I saw. I bet you'd have given your eye teeth to have made it as far as the Champions' league Final. Quite apart from which, I recall that almost all of the birmingham and West Midlands clubs have overseas players in their squad.

I smell the stench of hypocrisy here. And no, I'm not an Arsenal supporter.

No hypocracy here, a true fan supports their team up and down! ;);)

Edited by Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

No hypocracy here, a true fan supports their team up and down! ;);)

The comment about hypocrisy was aimed at the comments about the low number of English players in the Arsenal team. Liverpool won the European Cup final once, without an English player in their side, but it didn't seem to be an issue then, why is it now?

The word 'Club' in terms of the Premier League is simply a part of the operating name of a business operating in England, and not necessarily English owned, it makes the nationality of the players somewhat irrelevant.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Can you imagine the state of the premiership today if only say two foriegn players were allowed per team. The whole England squad would be living in Chelsea and competition would be nill.

As an Arsenal supporter (fro NE London Origionally) I would love to see a team of Ashley Coles playing at Highbury, not just English but Londoners the, problem is they just are not their in sufficient numbers to go around. The current situation at Arsenal with only two fisrt team players from England is the reason that Arsenal have been so succesfull over recent years. Pound for Pound Wengers Imports have been imense value and the only way the club could afford to compete, not just with Man U but also since Wenger came to Highbury Chelsea, Newcastle, leeds, Liverpool, Totenham and I am pretty sure even Midlesborough have spent more than Arsenal.

Lets also not forget who Wenger has brought to this country. there have been a few duds but he has also brought to the Premiership Henry, Viera, Pires, Lunjberg, Overmars, Toure and in the future we will be marveling at the skills of Van Persie and Hleb.

As for anyone laughing at the result from Wednesday night, well at least we were there and within 15 minutes of winning the thing. Some people were getting all excited because they thought that they had got to the qualifying round for the first time ever.

Also lets not forget the role of the management at Highbury (who are all English) it was the foresight of David Dien that got Wenger to Highbury and the boards sound financial management that meant that we are not only in a stable financial position but are also to move to the most fantastic new stadium in the country. These people were there long before all our current foreign players and will be there long after.

Edited by A Worm OOE