Justice

*Ant*

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Old news Ant. Notice nobody bothered picking up on the young indian policewoman that was stabbed to death last week. Indian...female...police. Sounds like a very gutsy lady who deserved better. Wonder if Michael Winner noticed.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Although you might question the wisdom of "investigating an incident" armed with a large cook's knife - if the theory that her own knife was used to kill her turns out to be correct.

Although you might question the wisdom of "investigating an incident" armed with a large cook's knife - if the theory that her own knife was used to kill her turns out to be correct.

I have a victorian swordstick used for the express purpose of 'investigating incidents' Its not a weapon, its an antique :) On the one occasion (4am monday morning) that I felt the need to brandish it...I didn't need to. The burglar (almost) was still outside the door and ran straight into the arms of the police (I phoned them first) Whether I'd have used it, is a split second decision that probably has more to do with fear and adrenalin..rather than commonsense. I showed the weapon (sorry ..antique) to the police officer who came in to the house to take details.....she didnt bat an eyelid.

Edited by argyll

the problem with taking any bladed weapon, whether kitchen knife or antique swordstick as 'protection' when confronting intruders, or just investigating is, as the woman mentioned above found out, it's very easy to have them turned against you, if she hadn't taken the knife with her (and she was a trained police officer, so really should have known better) she would probably still be alive today.

Sorry Jon, I disagree with you there. Every week you see umpteen reports of UNARMED people being killed in UNPROVOKED attacks. These animals use knives, hammers, Iron bars, feet etc in totally unneccesary violence. I am waiting for the day (which is coming soon!!) when an "old dear" takes a .45 Magnum out of her purse and blows them away!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Sorry Jon, I disagree with you there. Every week you see umpteen reports of UNARMED people being killed in UNPROVOKED attacks. These animals use knives, hammers, Iron bars, feet etc in totally unneccesary violence. I am waiting for the day (which is coming soon!!) when an "old dear" takes a .45 Magnum out of her purse and blows them away!!

or blows away the innocent young man who just walked up to ask directions. :(

BTW Ant, why are these rascists any more "real" than any other rascist?

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

'I am waiting for the day (which is coming soon!!) when an "old dear" takes a .45 Magnum out of her purse and blows them away!!'

You mean 'Dirty Harriet' :lol:

Edited by argyll

i don't see what there is to disagree with klein, i'm not debating the ethics or the moral values of carrying bladed weapons, simply stating that if you cary one, it can easily be used against you, as happened with the special wpc mentioned earlier.

Maybe the problem here would be that the attacker is more likely to relish an armed struggle than you are. And - unless you're trained - they're also almost certainly more experienced. And they're often slightly psycho in the pit-bull sense.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.