PBs

Anderoo

Barbel 10lb plus :looking for a 12

Chub 7lb plus(lake):Hard but a club water does hold them very hard to catch they have switched onto a all fish dieat and dead/live course baits are not allowed.(p.s ive yet to catch one)

Chub 6lb plus(river): had a few at six allwys nice to see them.

Catfish anysize-Failled everytime so far

Carp 19.3lb -Not sure if ill do this one is probally the easyest as well i surpose would like a 23lb plus tho.

Bream 10.8 -had one at 10.8 the other day so is very possiable again

Tench 8.2lb plus -Very good chance club water holds a few and bigger and they are my fav species would like a 9 be over the moon with a 10.

Roach 2lb-Should do this one i hope

Not the easyest but all are achivable ,i'll be happy if i make 3 of them.Well ill be happy if i dont break any as it's not all about the size for me .

Edited by chris mc

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jigotai :thumbs: They were amazing fish. I reckon it'll be a long, long time before I see another one that big. Even at Wingham, mine and Wayne's swims were the only ones where they showed up. There are some very nice perch in the Thames near me if you fancy a crack - more towards the autumn though, I think. Speaking of jealousy, I was very envious of all those lovely tench bubbles coming up along that tree line!

Budgie, that's a brilliant idea. I'd love a barbel fish-in, as I'm sure a lot of people on here would. (By the way, I'm the one who was sitting at the back of the trailer on the way to the lure demo - getting a very dead a**e in the process).

A catfish fish-in is another good one. There are a few waters around me where that might be possible. I remember this being mentioned before, maybe that one could be resurrected...?

Perhaps we should start a separate topic and see what can be arranged? :thumbs:

I've never fished the Thames so I'd be up for that :thumbs: .

As for AN fish-in's, Barbel, Catfish or whatever, count me in.

As some of you know I have organised a fish-in and will do so again in the winter for the Grayling.

However, on the Barbel front I am sure I could possibly organise something, depending on what people prefer. It could be on the Teme, Severn or the Avon, maybe even do a few. I know of a few places where we could have a day/weekend.

Let me know your thoughts.

Budgie, only a 4lb Chub, you do suprise me. I am sure I could sort that one out for you in the winter if you fancy it.

Paul

Recently caught a new pb bream 10.14 and tench 7.06 so quite happy there, particularly with the bream.

Looking forward to the rivers, where I am moving onto a new stretch of the lower Severn hoping to beat my barbel pb of 13.13. That's the species I have spent most time in pursuit of, hence it being the hardest to crack.

In the meantime having a go at some eels, my pb is next to nothing there so a good chance I can set a new one before the summer is out.

Check out my weekly Angling Journal at.....Stewart Bloor's Angling Journal

PB Barramundi – 18.5lb. Will defiantly be having a crack at actually landing a bigger one instead of having it bust me up or shed the hooks.

G'day mate, would suggest that Peter Faust dam, Kinchant dam, or Awoonga dam...all in Qld., would be the go. You would have a greater chance during the hotter months, nov-jan.

Last dec/jan I managed 21 barra over 1 metre and from 38 lbs to 60+lbs :thumbs:

If you want a river barra, then the Northern Territory would be the go, during the "run-off", march-april.

Give me a call if you need more info :)

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Shame Bob cant put on AN's first ever Barra fish in! Or maybe more acurately if he did that we couldnt get there!

Wonder how much it is to charter a whole flight? :rolleyes:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Guest Brumagem Phil
Wonder how much it is to charter a whole flight? :rolleyes:

We'd get chucked off for air rage!!! <_<