adambroadley

Dan Brown's Books  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite Dan Brown book?

• The Da Vinci Code
    • Digital Fortress
    • Angels + Demons
    • Deception Point

...then read A&D (which is now going to be made into a movie - no surprise there :rolleyes:

Ken, at the moment he's writing another sequel to Angels and Demons (or if you prefer, the sequel to Da Vinci Code ;) )

I didn't know A+D was gonna be made into a film! I can't wait! I also wnat to see DVC film but apparently it sounds really crap :( ... oh well i'll have to wait and see...

Anyone seen the da vinci code film? is it any good? :huh:

Regards---Adam

:fish::fishing:

Adam Broadley!

Me

Whitby Sea Anglers

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person on earth who thought The Da Vinci Code was a load of overrated tat?

Nope Elton, I totally agree.

He had a stolen conspiracy theory and managed to bung it into a pathetically weak storyline. I found the writing was very patronising `.....and thats how we end up with the word `grail``. Too much explanation and not enough substance.

The story was totally inconceivable. Lets face it, you`re in the Louvre trying to escape the police so you stand in the toilet explaining the finer intricacies of code breaking for five minutes instead of getting the hell out the place.

Don`t forget that it was about 12.30 when he arrived at the Louvre. From seeing the body, working out the clues, escaping and getting to the train station took 2 1/2 hours (can`t recall if it was the 2am or 3am train that they bought tickets for....).

Anyway thats by the by. The next bit is where the true stupidity comes in. From the train station they have that hassle with the cab driver then find their way to the bank. The tale there is quite protracted but they eventually end up in the back of that truck. From there they go to Teabings house and have a monster waffle about all things Graily. Then.......they escape through the trees to the autoroute and the airport to get onto a plane for the UK. I find it hard to imagine that dawn was only just breaking as they flew over the UK. The time scale just doesn`t wash with me at all.

The most annoying thing about the book is that the Grails location was kept a massive secret for centuries but Langdon managed to crack the codes and find the whereabouts of the thing in a matter of hours. Also, Langdon wanted to find the Grail for himself but it was only when they found someone else was after it that their attitude to it altered dramatically and all of a sudden they were trying to keep it hidden.

As you may guess, I didn`t care much for the book.

wolf.gif

But you finished it and can remember the story! I enjoyed the plot, yes it was implausable but then so was Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy! Good holiday reading remains my verdict but havent been tempted to pick up A and D.

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

But you finished it and can remember the story! I enjoyed the plot, yes it was implausable but then so was Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy! Good holiday reading remains my verdict but havent been tempted to pick up A and D.

dan

If i were you i would read Angels + Demons because it was just the best book i have ever read (and i have read a lot of books!)

Adam Broadley!

Me

Whitby Sea Anglers

He had a stolen conspiracy theory and managed to bung it into a pathetically weak storyline. I found the writing was very patronising `.....and thats how we end up with the word `grail``. Too much explanation and not enough substance.

The story was totally inconceivable. Lets face it, you`re in the Louvre trying to escape the police so you stand in the toilet explaining the finer intricacies of code breaking for five minutes instead of getting the hell out the place.

Don`t forget that it was about 12.30 when he arrived at the Louvre. From seeing the body, working out the clues, escaping and getting to the train station took 2 1/2 hours (can`t recall if it was the 2am or 3am train that they bought tickets for....).

Anyway thats by the by. The next bit is where the true stupidity comes in. From the train station they have that hassle with the cab driver then find their way to the bank. The tale there is quite protracted but they eventually end up in the back of that truck. From there they go to Teabings house and have a monster waffle about all things Graily. Then.......they escape through the trees to the autoroute and the airport to get onto a plane for the UK. I find it hard to imagine that dawn was only just breaking as they flew over the UK. The time scale just doesn`t wash with me at all.

The most annoying thing about the book is that the Grails location was kept a massive secret for centuries but Langdon managed to crack the codes and find the whereabouts of the thing in a matter of hours. Also, Langdon wanted to find the Grail for himself but it was only when they found someone else was after it that their attitude to it altered dramatically and all of a sudden they were trying to keep it hidden.

Cheers mate no need to read it now. :thumbs:

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I enjoyed the plot, yes it was implausable but then so was Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy!

Dan, your analogy isn't fair....

Hitch Hikers' Guide had a faultless logic allied to a preposterous hypothesis. With the benefit of being well-written.

The same cannot be said of the Da Vinci Code, which I read simply because I knew that questions would be asked about the book indoors. Enjoy it? Not really. I passed a few empty hours.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

saw the film last night.

well if you didn't work out the ending after about 20 mins in then really you shouldn't be going out on your own. very poor plot that was really broad brush and totally transparient. not impressed. mainly because it trys to pretend its clever but it really isn't.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Dan, your analogy isn't fair....

Hitch Hikers' Guide had a faultless logic allied to a preposterous hypothesis. With the benefit of being well-written.

The same cannot be said of the Da Vinci Code, which I read simply because I knew that questions would be asked about the book indoors. Enjoy it? Not really. I passed a few empty hours.

Come on ........ Hitch hikers hardly has faultless logic, that's why its so funny! But I agree that DVC isnt particulary well written, but its still a good yarn. Why does everyone think it has to be true to be good? it didnt matter to me whether it was or wasn't (anyone remember Von Danekan?! scuse spelling). I guess the biggest proof it that so many have read it. Any book that gets my son reading has something going for it in my book! Remember Spycatcher, the only best seller no one read! Ok well I did!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Only read one, the Da Vinci Code, great story but not so well written, great holiday reading tho, the kind of book you dont want to put down.

Dan

Iput the book down when someone got killed in a church or something the vicar did it

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

Whoops, sorry Gozzer :headhurt:

Honestly mate, theres a bit more to the film that that, not a lot (aka Paul Daniels) but a bit!

Errrm, like eeerrm...........leave it with me.....

Edited by Severn Wolf
wolf.gif