Barbel Fish-in

seph

Matthew,

I am sure we can sort something out, but where there is a will there is away. I used to get my rods in a 206, bit tight but they went in.

Btw everybody, I fished Manor Farm Thursday and it was not good. River very low and clear and very warm-I blanked, but did more walking than fishing, had a few touches as the light went but I had to be up early and had to leave. I think the water temp is weigh to high and I do belive they are trying to spawn again. I think i will give it ago a day or two before the fish-in, we really could do with some rain.

Paul

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had the same prob even on the meadow side had a good start to the week up till thursday and it all went dead.the levels had dropped a fair bit and the water was like a bath.Still cant complain as i had some good fish out in the heat of day so not bad. I think you might be right septh on the spawning we had it last year on the medway the river didnt fish till late november.Nice to meet you paul and hope conditions improve to suit your fishin regards all pete

Pete,

nice to have a chat, kep in touch.

Fish have been coming out the Avon the last few days or so. Be warned though day time is crap and evening sessions are producing.

Paul

I am really looking forward to reading all about this trip when I get back from my holiday. I hope you all have a really great time. I will be getting the beach casters out after the mackeral for dinner!

Have a good one and catch one for me.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

I'm not a regular barbel angler planning to pva bag pellets whats a good size pellet to put in the bags? Ive got 15mm pre drilled halibuts for the hook and halibut boilies.

That's the way to go. I use mixed sizes in the bags, allowing for different break down times. I use 3,6,8 and 10mm with the odd 14mm in them.

Paul

Looking forward to this now, I'm going to take Friday afternoon off and drive down so hopefully I'll be there for tea time.

What's everyone doing wrt camping, are people bivvying up on the riverbank or the campsite?

Just been and bought myself a 25kg bag of 6mm hallibuts lucky the carp like them on the cut here as can't see me using that many in a weekend.

I'm gonna stay on the river bank under the brolly if the weather allows may put the tent up if its bad.

Do they do evening tickets or do we have to pay a full day if we arrive tea time ish on the Friday.

Not long to go now

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

Day Tickets

Available on the bankside at a cost of £6 for adults, £5 concessions and £4 for juniors. Evening tickets are also £4. Night fishing on the river by prior arrangement, but not on the lakes. Tuition is also available.

Does the £6 ticket cover the night fishing?