mutilated tope

Happy Dude

Just mulling this one over rightly or wrongly - But have you seen the tissue injury to a persons ear that has had an earing ripped out - a sort of inverted V shape which is consistent with tearing as the object leaves the tissue?

It is nontheless an interesting form of injury which doesn't quite look like one caused by a pulling motion but I maybe wrong - I'm wondering if it is worth also postin on The SharkTrust Forum?

hi dave,

that was my thoughts as the wound was totally healed, just one of those things that turns up now and then, though admittedly i haven't seen much exept for twisted up cod in the clyde which in my infinite stupidity put down to a shallow gene pool in the cod of the clyde system

hows the fishing your end at the moment??

les

The fishings very good at the moment with plenty of codling and Pollock about. The Tope should arrive in numbers any day now.

Very bad to see pics like that! wasa the fish was obviously healthy in every other way?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Guest binatone
Agree with you Les

Looks like it's been ripped off a long line :angry:

nasty looking wound who could say how it happend,long line, inexperienced fisherman.tough little fellow all the same.hope it keeps fighting on

many angler gaff tope through lower jaw this injury with a bit of die back from the wound is a likely cause

for my money its too near the front of the mouth for lingline damage

I Dare say poeple do gaff Tope, but in my expieriance most skippers would bite your nose off if you even suggested it, I cant for some reason see the pictures on line so I can only have a stab at an idea, I have seen some nasty wounds caused by Fine single strand wire being used as Hook trace. could that be a cause?

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I Dare say poeple do gaff Tope, but in my expieriance most skippers would bite your nose off if you even suggested it, I cant for some reason see the pictures on line so I can only have a stab at an idea, I have seen some nasty wounds caused by Fine single strand wire being used as Hook trace. could that be a cause?

it is a bad wound.i did a bit of carp fishing a few years back and have seen carp with real bad wounds made fine braid hair rigs not nice.fine wire good possibility.