bolognese rods

markp

Any 1 remeber em??And did any 1 use them? By that i mean ther telscopic versions :whistling:

{Admin note 2009: to view bolognese rods for sale, sometimes known as 'bolo rods', please click here}

Ive got one but it comes out so rarely as none of the rivers inthe South East actually flow anymore. It used to get the ocaisional outing onthe lower Thames or Medway but It is used so infrequently I never really got the technique up to scratch.

AWOOE

What did you use it for on the Medway?

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

That brings back some memories! They never really caught on over here did they? I can think of a few instances where they'd be very useful...got me thinking now... B)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

got a 20ft 4 piece :)

dont use it so it for sale ;)

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

I was thinking the same Anderloo as much as i hate ebay tiss the only place i can fiind one and its german ooer :blink:

I first came across this style of fishing on the River Wasser in Germany.Long telescopic rods and heavy trotting floats were the normal gear.Initially we all used to laugh at what we called "Big Bertha's" but after fishing along side some of the local lads who knew their stuff it soon became apparent that this could be a killing method on a powerfull river.

Most (if not all) of these rods were extremely heavy fibreglass jobs and hard work. One day i was pegged in a match next to Wolfgang Kremkus ( a top German matchman of the day) he had a 9m Shimano pole that he had whipped eyes and a reel seat to.Far better and something a lot of us copied.

I was quite suprised when it was first hailed as a new wonder method in this country some 15 years or so latter.

Think its not used much now as most people faced with an ideal Bolognese swim just use a feeder.

As Worm mentioned the Medway I thought I would say that the deep stretchs above Allington are still (er when flowing,and even then if in the right direction!) are good for trotting with the "Big Bertha" outfit.Doesnt really have the flow to dictate its use but the longer rod certainly helps in some of the real deep swims.Much better presentation than a slider.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

When i was in Israel, those rods were (and I guess still are) the preferred method for the mullet off the rocks

Because the World FLOAT fishing Championships is just that, this method is a must to master if an angler wishes to represent his/her Country...however as ledgering and in particular feeder fishing is widely used in England and 90% of the time superior and easier to master it never really caught on , like any method it can have it's day though.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

They are still available, but mostly to order.

Something like this http://www.colmic.it/english/arthtml/canne...esi/futura.html

Costs 6mt look to pay £149.99, 7mt look to pay £159.99.

I have a 6mt.

markp if you want to see one, PM me.

Les.

Is that 4 sections or piece ? bolognese are telescopic.

Edited by JMCLincoln

John Cayless

www.anglingconcepts.co.uk/

Team SPRO/Cralusso