What are the strangest records in your collection ?..

Ken L

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They sound a bit like a Theremin don't they. The 'singing' that you hear in the original Star Ttrek theme tune was actually a Theramin. I think that Olivier Messiaen composed some stuff for the Ondes Martenot.

I'll second that.

Yes, Messiaen wrote the Turangalila Symphony - which was the piece I was talking about.

I've got a few of his pieces. Not the most accessible music, but if you know what the influences behind the man's writing were it's beautiful.

I was lucky enough, many years ago, to hear Messiaen give an organ recital in Paris. I've been a fan ever since.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Somewhere in the dark recess’s of my mums loft resides my 45 of 'Those magnificent men in their flying machines' by the highly strung duo 'Pinky and Perky'.

Oh woe betide those record vouchers and the shops that would not give you change - they would just point you toward the bargain bucket & lo you would produce such a gem....

And Tony, have you got the Troggs version of 'Louis'?

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

I have "Theres a flaw in my flue" by Frank Sinatra.

Theres A Flaw In My Flue Lyrics

I used to sit by my fireplace

And dream about you.

But now that won't do.

There's a flaw in my flue

Your lovely face in my firplace

Was all that I saw

But now it won't draw

My flue has a flaw

From every beautiful ember a memory arose

Now I try to remember and smoke gets in my nose

It's not as sweet as the unit-heat

To dream about you

So darling, adieu

There's a flaw in my flue.

Wierd

I aso have the first record I ever bought . Alvin for President by the chipmunks

I'll get me coat

Somewhere in the dark recess’s of my mums loft resides my 45 of 'Those magnificent men in their flying machines' by the highly strung duo 'Pinky and Perky'.

Why bother buying a Pinky & Perky 45 when you could just play the original at 78 rpm and get two for the price of one? :)

"Connor Clapton Committed Suicide Because His Father Sucks" by A*C*

"Your Kid Committed Suicide Because You Suck" (the original title was "Connor Clapton Committed Suicide Because His Father Sucks"; it was changed because they were working for a label in Britain, where libel laws are very stringent).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_Cunt

:lol::lol::lol:

Whoops, sorry, I didn't think the full name of that band Alan mentioned would appear on here, but obviously the underscore in the URL slipped it past the censoring software....

Ive got that one but its not in the loft.

I can also lay claim to the theme from Joe 90, an album by the "Please Yourself Skiffle Band"

I sometimes still listen to that Great EP by Half Man Half Biscuit "Trumpton Riots".

Edited by A Worm OOE

"Your Kid Committed Suicide Because You Suck" (the original title was "Connor Clapton Committed Suicide Because His Father Sucks"; it was changed because they were working for a label in Britain, where libel laws are very stringent).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_Cunt

:lol::lol::lol:

Whoops, sorry, I didn't think the full name of that band Alan mentioned would appear on here, but obviously the underscore in the URL slipped it past the censoring software....

They often used my appelation to get around obsenity laws! :P:P

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Nah, My mate had a copy of Psychic TV's "Leg song". Now that's scarry.

i have got "unclean" by psychic tv & an album by them before they were called that - 20 jazz funk greats by throbbing gristle