Stop Ronaldo

BoozleBear

It seems that FIFA have decided to give the Young Player of the Tournament award to Podolski. He only came fourth in the online public poll. Why bother asking for a public vote in the first place ?

True, they couldnt give it to Renaldo..too controversial. They couldn't give it to Valencia...his first place was boosted by the Renaldo 'hate' vote. But they could have awarded the trophy to the young argentinian Messi who polled twice as many votes than Podolski.

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIRST - it's a game. Too many people I've spoken to in the past week are taking this far too seriously.

Ronaldo didn't do anything wrong - in fact - during extra time everyone I know missed Hargeaves jumping all over the ref when Lennon was bought down in the box (it wasn't a penalty though).

What pisses me off in this world cup is the awful BBC commentary which it has to be said is about as biased as it could be - you expect a bit, but they are taking the mike when they say 'British players don't appeal to get other players sent off' - They bloody do. Rooney, as good as he is, doesn't seem to mind shouting abuse during normal play at other players (you see if on TV, which is a debatable subject - since they know that kids can lip-read what he is saying!).

As for you all calling Ronaldo again, we have England players that are also made of glass, and I think a lot of the problem here stems from jealously not real debate. The guy is young, and he plays a definite european style of play which is common in portugal, spain, italy etc - Figo is a great player, but he plays the game to the full extent to what he can get away with - which in my opinion might be a little unsportsmanlike, BUT, truthfully the fault lies squarely with FIFA not the players (with tv replays they could penalise 'simulation' post match if they really wanted to). These guys are paid to win, not paid to finish second.

Ronaldo (in my opinion) will be one of the better players over the next ten years - England fans can boo him all they like, but we are approaching a time when a few old timers (Zidane, Figo etc) will be departing the game shortly, and this is definitely one of the up and comers who is vying for that sort of status in a year or twos time.

Who does England have in that league - because I personally am not so sure about Svens statement about Rooney being our golden boy, and more concerning is our general lack of performance in midfield - four big players, who just do not gel well at that level for some reason (I have always wondered why we play Lampard and Gerrard when they are clearly very similar sorts of players - they get within 20 yards and hit, which is fine, but you do need a central midfielder that can play delicate balls through the middle accurately)

Ian W

Ian,

I reckon you're one of those Portugeezers, like what won the Big Blubber thing :bleh:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

No, just the voice of reason.

The future in English national football is bleak to say the least - with McClaren there is little chance of the necessary changes that we really need! It's a bit like the cricket team - we need a Manager that picks a team based on quality and common sense - not sponsors or the FA picking the teams for the managers.

Ian W