pre baiting

I am Thinking of pre baiting on my local canal. And was wondering what baits are best to pre bait on a canal for carp.i am going to pre bait for a week and hopefully the bigger fish will have moved in on the bait .Is this true that the bigger fish will move in on to the feed.

Move in, bully smaller fish away, slurp up the free offerings, leave, and hopefully learn to check back to that spot regularly.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Unless its been done to death try getting a sack of maize from your local farm/annimal feed store.

Remember to prepare it properly and if you dont know how to just ask.

Great bait and cheap.As its quite hard (even once soaked and boiled) small fish arn't a problem.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Vitalin ,variouse sized pellets ,hemp ,Corn , Maize wat ever you are using as a hook bait.

There is so many things really.

I agree,a great particle mix for baiting up and puting a hook bait on, can even inclue some dead maggot in there to, then try fishing corn/maize or maggot as your hook bait over this mix, it's a good all rounder and works on a lot if not all waters, bagged a most stunning 10 1/2 ghostie on this a few months back right under my feet in the margine, stunning as in looks not weight and gave me good run for my money, even at that size.

Not so sure, as quoted earlier about the carp bullying the small fish away, after watching the Korda underwater vid's, as the small fish and tench were quite happy feeding together with the larger carp, have all ways thought this was the case my self, that the big one, pushed the small out, untill watching it.

But pre baiting can give you the edge on others fishing the same water, but the art is, not to let any one see you doing it, as they might slide into you baited area when your not around :yucky:

Edited by trevor2003

What am i best of pre baiting with dont want to be spending a lot.

Im still at school so dont have a lot of money, so when i prebait i buy a big bag of pellets, 25kg for 20.99 at the local animal feed shop, they are perfect aswel, just the same as any other 'named' halibut pellets.

GooD LucK

Dan

I dunno about UK prices but maize from a feed store in my area is by far less expensive than any sort of pellet. 50 lbs is around $5-6

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Even better, from an animal feed shop, get a sack of their economy pigeon feed. This will contain maize, chick peas, and about half a dozen different ingredients.

Soak it for about a week, topping up the water all the time so that it soaks a lot, boil it well and leave it for a few days. It'll be awesome.

A sack should cost you under a tenner and last you an eternity.

I usually add some hemp, but that's not 100% necessary.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

when i prebait i use bread crumb. asda sell there own smartprice bread for 23p per loaf. i also buy asda smartprice sweetcorn for 60p a bag. i prebait every night for 3 nights before i fish. so i buy 9 loafes of bread and 3 bags of corn. ill blend the s oafes of bred then chuck in the corn and shake it all up in a bin bag. so ther are 3 nights of prebaiting for £3.87.

i find the main bait at my local pool get caught on bread or caught with boilies over a bread crumb mix as all day there are alot of people chuck ing bread in for the ducks. there so used to bread they prefer that to most baits.

go round where you think you will fish on the canal and see if there are alot of people who feed bread to the ducks. if there are im betting they would prefer that to other baits.

84854438.png