Blackmouth Doggies

Fastd

Had my first one of these this weekend. :yeah:

I wasn't sure what it was as it looks so different from a LSD ...but having googled it there is no doubt. We did not weigh the one I got but it wont be far off the 2lb 12 oz record and I will post some pics soon as I recieve them fom the guy who took them. we also got a cuckoo ray and 7 commons for 754lb in the same session.. all in all a day to remember with 3 personal bests including two new species.

I would love to post the report here but the two guys with me were off another forum and cant log in here as they have hotmail accounts and cant register. So would be pretty pointless.

dave

ps.elton u have mail <_<

Edited by Fastd

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackmouth doggie indeed.

I thought Davy was pulling my plonker when he first mentioned them to me. I`d never heard of them. They`re lovely looking things.

Glad to see you`re keeping the flatties exercised.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Here should be the photo's

The markings are totally different from a normal LSD which got me confused untill I opened its mouth.blackmouth.jpg

It was well into the 2lb bracket which makes it a good specimen but unfortunately I never weighed it.This is the big giveaway.

blackmouthopen.jpg

We were also treated to a fantastic show by 5 dolphins at the harbour entrance which was worth the trip on its own.

dolphin.jpg

I may be wrong about the doggie ID but if I am please feel free to correct me :) Will post a vid of the dolphins as soon as its off my phone.

Cheers

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

Cracking BM Doggie Fastd

Nice pics ,sounds like you had a good day,Thats one on my wanted list but only if a certain Mr Holt is feeling generous some time :rolleyes: will i get a chance at that one.

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

Hiya Dave,

I may be wrong about the doggie ID but if I am please feel free to correct me :)

No need for corrections as you are bang on with your ID, cracking fish aint they :)

Lenny.. as soon as the boat is running again :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Cheers Davy

Look forward tae meeting up with you all again.

Lenny

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

Nil Desperandum

Hiya Dave,

No need for corrections as you are bang on with your ID, cracking fish aint they :)

Lenny.. as soon as the boat is running again :)

The thing with Blackmouths, is , you spend weeks getting all worked up about going to catch them, then you spend ages motoring to the BM area......then 20 mins later, you have 2 on the same rig.....bit of an anti climax actually...... :D:yeah::D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Well i am looking forward tae it Norrie may not be the same as my first skate but hey nothing beats that!

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

Nil Desperandum