Blackmouth Doggies

Fastd

25th or 30th only 24/29 to go then,I think the thrill of seeing your first 100lb fish come over the gunnels will probably take some beating Guy and when it comes in at 187lb thats the icing on it for me,still i suppose 200lb would be nice to !!.But a 2lb BM Doggie will be just as welcome.

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to know what makes a blackmouthed doggie mark !! . I have only heard of one place you can catch them regularly - Davys location.

Is on my wish list too - hope to get up there some time with Norrie / Davy to get one.

see you sometime Lennie.

Peter :)

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

Would love to know what makes a blackmouthed doggie mark !! . I have only heard of one place you can catch them regularly - Davys location.

I have a couple of marks that I can almost guarantee catching a Black Mouth Doggie from, one mark in particular usually produces them within the first 20 min :) well except for when it's Linda that's trying to catch one :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Guest Jan of the 2 Ghillies
I have a couple of marks that I can almost guarantee catching a Black Mouth Doggie from, one mark in particular usually produces them within the first 20 min :) well except for when it's Linda that's trying to catch one :)

Gee, Davy, and who was it that did so well at Amble? My memory fails me but, as I recall, a female caught the first cod and Linda caught the only pair of cods. :bleh::bleh::bleh: (Linda, we'll get him good on Newt's and my next visit).

Yes I seen Linda catch her double at Amble :) got my only cod on the last drop of the day :sun: Looking forward to meeting you all again :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I have a couple of marks that I can almost guarantee catching a Black Mouth Doggie from, one mark in particular usually produces them within the first 20 min :)

Will hold you to that one Davy :yeah:

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

The thing with Blackmouths, is , you spend weeks getting all worked up about going to catch them, then you spend ages motoring to the BM area......then 20 mins later, you have 2 on the same rig.....bit of an anti climax actually...... :D:yeah::D

Trust me, this guy KNOWS where to get them, I will guarantee, there is at least one BMD on the boat, no more than 20 mins after hitting the bottom...BTW, the bottom is over 600 foot down,,,,which, I would surmise, means you will get a bite mibbes 1-2 mins after hitting the bottom......it takes at least 10 mins to reel it in..... :D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

I can promise that anyone who goes out to catch a BMD with Davy WILL get one, he is definately correct though when he says EXCEPT ME for some reason everyone else will be catching and I have even pinched their spots on the boat, pinched their rods and STILL none for me but I have a way to go I have only been trying for 5 years Dad was 8 years for his, although the new mark had not been found then.. maybe its Non family members only that catch them :)

Edited by Orca
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.