Burton Bradstock - West Dorset

FearTheHands

Well, I am now a Dorset local & living in Burton. :D

How has the fishing been during Feb & what to expect for March ?

Any tips on where/what to target for March ?

If anyone is planning a trip to Burton. West Bay, West Bexington, Abbotsbury etc in the near future, please give me a shout!

Also, any pointers on where I can start my hunting career ?

[ 25. February 2005, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: FearTheHands ]

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan:

Sorry about the quality it was nearly dark.

Posted Image

Dan

Nothing wrong with the quality of that picture - the lack of light makes it a much more interesting picture than one in full daylight. Well, I think so anyway!

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

hi guys,

john storey & i regularly fish the area, dead quiet at the moment. dont underestimate the power of hand lining, i put a normal bottom fishing rig on mine when fishing west bay harbour. something picked up a 4oz lead & ran with it, probably mr bass, i struck too soon. small polack, whiting & rockling expected at this time of year. caught a codling off the end of the old east pier couple of years back, think that was in april.

look at the leaflet on the angling jetty in west bay water sports. i'm the angler dressed in black, sitting in the middle of the picture.

bait in fridge ready to go, just need some chop in the water.

Good point MJB, ,

FTH i'm hopeing to get down Abbotsbury soon for a session, maybe we could meet up??? By the way, have you seen this months sea angler? theres a pic of a 15lb 6oz cod that was caught at Abbotsbury, which has apparently moved to Devon, Amazeing!!!

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

quote:

If you can get hold of a little dinghy and outboard it'll improve your options no end, easy launching at West bay and Lyme, off the beach at Charmouth.

Dan, very interested in knowing how/where you launch on the beach from Charmouth. Was there today to check things out, couldn't see any obvious places ...

I'm sure you can set me straight :)

[ 03. March 2005, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: FearTheHands ]

FearTheHands.gif

Scotty T

Would be great to meet up for a session at Abbotsbury (sorry for the delay in replying, taken us a week to get straight after the move!!)

Please give me a shout next time you plan a session ...

Is anyone planning on fishing @ Burton beach tomorrow night (3rd March)? I'm told West Bay Watersports have a club match ....?

[ 03. March 2005, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: FearTheHands ]

FearTheHands.gif

FTH,

No worries, what ru up to on Sat 19th March??? The breadknife is off to IKEA for the day so i'm home alone, could go to Abbotsbury. Not sure what the tides upto but i'll check it out.

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time