whats up with the roach

Andy_1984

Have you been feeding a lot of hemp ? I used to fish for roach feeding large quantities of crushed hemp as a slop. Whenever I used this tactic It always seemed to loosen the roach up in the bowel department.

i dont use groundbait i keep meaning to though, the only thing i can think of is when the canal was drained and gray sorta construction stones layed down. look at this line and think of it as a stretch of the canal "the - is water that has been drained and there is no weed what so eve and the | is the part with weed"

------------------------------|||||||||||||||||||||||||||----------------------------------

i fish in the middle of the weedy area where all the feesh are

in the - part there is only the stones and they left alone the | part and the only thing i can think of that may be givving them diahreah is this weird looking stuff thats coming up from the bottom in the - part that i can only describe as slimey looking toad skin

another good side to this weed being in the middle of weedles areas is an ennormous ammount of good fish traped within it. the weedy area twist around with a nice little sized basin about 30ft from bank to bank. oh also there is power pilon thing slap bang in the middle of this weed "on the bank of course"

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont use groundbait i keep meaning to though, the only thing i can think of is when the canal was drained and gray sorta construction stones layed down. look at this line and think of it as a stretch of the canal "the - is water that has been drained and there is no weed what so eve and the | is the part with weed"

------------------------------|||||||||||||||||||||||||||----------------------------------

i fish in the middle of the weedy area where all the feesh are

in the - part there is only the stones and they left alone the | part and the only thing i can think of that may be givving them diahreah is this weird looking stuff thats coming up from the bottom in the - part that i can only describe as slimey looking toad skin

another good side to this weed being in the middle of weedles areas is an ennormous ammount of good fish traped within it. the weedy area twist around with a nice little sized basin about 30ft from bank to bank. oh also there is power pilon thing slap bang in the middle of this weed "on the bank of course"

Andy the "toad skin" stuff coming up from the bottom often happens when the water is warm. I think it's to do with the gases that are trapped under the bed expanding, and rising to the surface, bringing lumps of blanket weed etc with it.

Don't worry about the roach too much, after all it's fish crap not crap fishing. :D

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Same thing used to happen to me as with worm but htis was when i fed pigeon **** in my groundbait , no puns please gentlemen.

weird these roach are, i found the perfect spot on my canal where theres no noddy's and the fishing is excellent with a lot of good roach up to roughly 5'inch in length and perch to about 10'inch and some carp about.

funny thing is though the roach have no bowel control they Crap all over themself before i even touch them and its not just a little bit, its a full on squirt :headhurt:

whats up with that :blink:

you might find it is spawn,

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Budgie - I was but now I'm not.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President