Waveney One

I know what I think, you make up your own minds

Today's results:-

Gary Miller - Essex County VDE - 70.00

Martin Caldecote - Hotrods - 61.00

Kevin Humphreys - Gt Yarmouth - 57.15

Mick Burch - Nisa Waveney - my travelling partner :-) 51.12

Ian Bailey - 45.12

Sections of 7 with £40 default payouts - 33.1, 31.1, 30.14, 24.15, 31.3, 24.0, 45.11, 37.3, 31.12,

The top 6 anglers weighed in 329lb, The next 6 weighed in a total of 193lb. In Total over 1250lb was weighed in by 60 anglers and 53 of us caught double figures or more.

Name me a commercial where such a weight of fish has been shared amongst 60 anglers where the winner has only once come from the same peg out of the 6 matches fished there this year.

I appreciate that there will be higher winning weights from commercials and that the top 10 weights may be higher, but fish are bigger of course and the back up weights on a lot of commercials are often rubbish.

Fishing is about bites as far as I am concerned.

So what do you think?

You are comparing apples and oranges Richard, but I get the gist of what you are saying, I really enjoy the camaraderie we have on the Yare, the fishing is excellent and the environment is beautiful, fascinating and wild, I feel at home on her .

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

You are comparing apples and oranges Richard, but I get the gist of what you are saying, I really enjoy the camaraderie we have on the Yare, the fishing is excellent and the environment is beautiful, fascinating and wild, I feel at home on her .

I know Bob, a bit tongue in cheek. However, a lot has been said in the recent past about the decline, indeed the 'end' of natural fisheries. We are losing bits of the Broads to the RSPB and other 'naturalist' societies and when the local commercial fishery gets KHV, these anglers are going to look elsewhere and discover their local river has no fishing signs up all along it! :-(.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your return to the river. You must draw on them soon, Burchy hadn't broken 10lb 'til today!

Budgie, get your butt down there! There are large wild and scary carp resident, I have hooked a couple over the years on match gear and had no chance because of the flow, but one or two have been landed on the slack tide in matches,up to 24lbs I believe, I do not know if they have ever been targeted properly but it would be fascinating to witness.

Tomorrow Richard , there is always tomorrow.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Carp to over 40 pounds have come off the Waveney.

Whilst pike fishing is in serious decline in many areas roach fishing is excellent. Since the start of the season I have had consistantly excellent roaching. My aged Shakey Boron Match has had some serious bending lately!

I doubt that there is a commercial that can hold a candle to the Yare as a fishery right now.

Personally I've never fished the Yare or anywhere on the broads for that matter BUT given the angling literature I was brought up on I can't see how any commercial fishery can stand up against the match weights mentioned above, long may it continue!

Proper fishing!

Edited by Rob Ward

Personally I've never fished the Yare or anywhere on the broads for that matter BUT given the angling literature I was brought up on I can't see how any commercial fishery can stand up against the match weights mentioned above, long may it continue!

Proper fishing!

Not good really, the Yare is very low almost stopped flowing due to the dry spell so all the fish will be shoaled up in deeper swims. :(

Edited by MALC2

atb

malc

I know what I think, you make up your own minds

Today's results:-

Gary Miller - Essex County VDE - 70.00

Martin Caldecote - Hotrods - 61.00

Kevin Humphreys - Gt Yarmouth - 57.15

Mick Burch - Nisa Waveney - my travelling partner :-) 51.12

Ian Bailey - 45.12

Sections of 7 with £40 default payouts - 33.1, 31.1, 30.14, 24.15, 31.3, 24.0, 45.11, 37.3, 31.12,

The top 6 anglers weighed in 329lb, The next 6 weighed in a total of 193lb. In Total over 1250lb was weighed in by 60 anglers and 53 of us caught double figures or more.

Name me a commercial where such a weight of fish has been shared amongst 60 anglers where the winner has only once come from the same peg out of the 6 matches fished there this year.

I appreciate that there will be higher winning weights from commercials and that the top 10 weights may be higher, but fish are bigger of course and the back up weights on a lot of commercials are often rubbish.

Fishing is about bites as far as I am concerned.

So what do you think?

better reponce here eh than that drowners forum

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Not good really, the Yare is very low almost stopped flowing due to the dry spell so all the fish will be shoaled up in deeper swims. :(

I don't think that you are correct there at all. The river is as high as normal on the Beauchamp Arms stretch and it is tidal, so the level is affected by sea level only. We are told that the sea levels are rising so in theory so would the Yare's at high water. Maybe you went at low water! <_<