A few pike questions

J.K

If someone could either send me a link or pass on the guys email address who supplies the chico gloves it would be appreciated.

Will have to hunt down a net ... might have to keep an eye out for one on the cheap :)

Didnt think my questions would get so much attention Lol, its appreciated.

Joel

This was the link chavender gave the last time they were discussed Joel. Hope it's OK.

http://www.totalcoarsefishing.com/cgi-bin/...?num=1148655282

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd forgotten about these rubber nets, Newt. Are the meshes available in a size to fit a 36inch frame?

Steve , "36 inch frame" - is that the diameter of a round frame?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Steve , "36 inch frame" - is that the diameter of a round frame?

Sorry Newt, I should have been more precise. Mine's a 36" x 28" pear-shaped frame. It's the same distance front to back as a standard 42" triangular frame with spreader block.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I recommend barbless hooks, particularly if you use trebles (I don't know if barbless is already a rule over there in the UK). On a Canadian fishing trip with my friends, we were spending a little more time than we'd like unhooking our fish with the barbed trebles and nets and all. I squeezed down the barbs on all my trebles with a needle nose pliers, and you wouldn't believe the difference it made in speeding up the process. BTW, if you can ever make it to Canada for Pike fishing, it's incredible. There are the occasional monster muskies, too, and they are an absolutely beautiful fish.

Dave Dawis

Dave - I like to crush the barbs on the trebles too. Even better, change out all the trebles for circle hooks. Great fun, as good a hookup rate if not better, easy removal. Even so, you might want to try the rubber nets. Cabelas has them.

Steve - let me do some measuring next time I'm in BassPro. At a guess, there will be a net to fit that frame. Just a FYI thing - the triangular net /w spreader block is slightly less common over here than chickens with teeth so I'm glad you gave me dimensions from a more normal-to-me frame style. :D :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President