Awesome Action with pics

Blake

What do you mean we can't fish for them?

I've had largemouth bass up to 15 pounds in this country!

Still haven't had a striper over a pound yet though.

On my kids' Playstation :(

More US catch reports, I can look at stuff like that all day!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we were after...

What I caught...

canada017.jpg

Killer bowfin, Tim! I notice you didn't "lip" him! Good idea, since his mouth is fully of nasty, big, pointy teeth!! Where did you catch that? I want to catch one of those one day...

Dave Dawis

It's www, Ferret, the world wide web.....

.......and I thought it was anglersnet, that's anglers anywhere, not englandsnet :(

No its not englandsnet but it is a .co.uk site which is United Kingdom. Not that it bothers me in the slightest but i'm just putting that out there.

Edited by bungral

Whats the fish in the second picture Tim?

I love seeing different species caught on different methods by our overseas members.Far more interesting than the usually "My first 4lb tench" ,"My first Carp" etc.Not that they arnt worthy captures but simply because Ive seen these sort of things so many times before.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Then why post on here, listen to my comments on the above advertising then slate me.

Why don't foreigners think before they post and not take the p1ss when they know we don't have their fish and types of fishing here in England!

Blake, not all of us in the UK are quite as blinkered as our good friend Ferret, please accept that. He's okay, when you get to know him. He should be used to blessed Yanks by now! That Newt bloke is almost one of us now.

Personally I have always enjoyed US style fishing and appreciate seeing how some other younger, less developed countries enjoy their angling <_<.

Dave, how on earth is Blake taking the ****? Be happy for the bloke!

He should be used to blessed Yanks by now! That Newt bloke is almost one of us now.

Pssst - Peter! - Blake's from Canada ;)

Edited by ayjay

Whats the fish in the second picture Tim?.

Bowfin in that pic Budgie. Great fighter but the worst teeth you'll ever see on a fresh water fish I've ever seen. Common in the Mississippi River area once you get south as far as Arkansas and found further north. AKA grinnel & cypress trout. Can breath air for quite a while if needed and very heat tolerant so you find them in some really interesting places.

I have never been able to salvage a lure once I caught a bowfin on it. Damaged beyond repair.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President