Commercial fishermen

stavey

So what is to be learned from the result from the bass mls cosultation etc? apart from pi**ing in the wind that is, well it is pretty obvious that commercial fishermen realy do not give a sh*t as far as conservation goes, i realy think they cant help the way they are with there short sightedness, its the nature of the beast i guess.

For their sake it is lucky for them that they have a few important people in high places perhaps? that is owed a few favours shal we say or, have sea anglers got it all wrong and ben bradshaw see's bigger prospects in our inshore commercial fishing industry? if so i have a lot of sea angling gear for sale and it will go to the highest bidder under a pound because that's all it will be worth.

I dont know why guys that speak for the rsa keep on trying to highlight whats good for the commercials? they dont give us a thought so why bother? better to work solely on why the rsa's are worth more imho, whether sea anglers like it or not its them v us thats how they look at it, so please no more crap about what is good for our poor old inshore boys, (they would not do it for nothing) it pays them some serious bucks in the short term, we all know this and any thoughts for them are wasted.

So come on what is your real thoughts? i have told you mine in short and look forward to hearing yours yes including wurzel and steve g's etc, cheers.............

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Fair point Stavey. I looked through the results on the DEFRA site to find some comercials had supported option 2, I also noted that some recreational "bodies" supported option 1 to the extent they gave reasons as to why it shouldn't change. Seems we can't tar everyone with the same brush comercial or recreational.

So what is to be learned from the result from the bass mls cosultation etc? apart from pi**ing in the wind that is, well it is pretty obvious that commercial fishermen realy do not give a sh*t as far as conservation goes, i realy think they cant help the way they are with there short sightedness, its the nature of the beast i guess.

For their sake it is lucky for them that they have a few important people in high places perhaps? that is owed a few favours shal we say or, have sea anglers got it all wrong and ben bradshaw see's bigger prospects in our inshore commercial fishing industry? if so i have a lot of sea angling gear for sale and it will go to the highest bidder under a pound because that's all it will be worth.

I dont know why guys that speak for the rsa keep on trying to highlight whats good for the commercials? they dont give us a thought so why bother? better to work solely on why the rsa's are worth more imho, whether sea anglers like it or not its them v us thats how they look at it, so please no more crap about what is good for our poor old inshore boys, (they would not do it for nothing) it pays them some serious bucks in the short term, we all know this and any thoughts for them are wasted.

So come on what is your real thoughts? i have told you mine in short and look forward to hearing yours yes including wurzel and steve g's etc, cheers.............

Hi Stavey

I said bradshaw would choose this way. One should not think badly of him after all anglers and commercials placed him in an untainable position both sides fought a very pubic battle and he was the referee, what was he to do.

THE LESSON TO BE LEANT HERE IS, and positive thinking must now prevail, if commercials and anglers continue to fight each other then together we win divided we fall. EVERY BODY MUST TAKE STOCK OF WHAT HAS HAPPEN AND (((((((((LEARN)))))))) BY IT

It must be said that if the commercials had agreed and supported the BMP bradshaw would have passed it through to the last full stop

The main sticking point was it only affected the uk commercials. (perhaps collectivelly we should try and put this to rights)

I sincerely hope that this result does not drive a bigger wedge between anglers and commercials the result tells me that both sides collectively could and should achieve alot

regards steve

The writing is on the wall now. A sea angling licence will be introduced in the near future and the money it creates will be spent to prop up the commercial fishing industry.

The compromise was my greatest fear because it benefits no one. If he had gone for no increase or the 45cm, there would have at least been one clear winner and one clear loser. But 40cm is a joke. He's totally ignored the science, which highglights the fact that CEFAS are a complete waste of public money. Never again will Bradshaw be able to quote science as a reason for doing anything. The increase to 40cm isn't, and can't be described as, a conservation measure. It does absolutely zilch for conservation.

Back to the subject of the thread. I have one or two friends who are, or have been, commercial fisherman. Hopefully we will remain friends. But that doesn't change my views that commercial fishermen will fight tooth and nail to prevent any conservation measures being put in place, and that winds me up no end.

Ben Bradshaw, you are a joke.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Hi Captain,

Licence!!!, there's as much chance of me buying one as there is of me becoming pregant. After this performance, who can have any faith in this shower of s**t to use our money to OUR benefit.A total boycott might make there muppets stand up and listen, but I doubt it.

Hi Captain,

Licence!!!, there's as much chance of me buying one as there is of me becoming pregant. After this performance, who can have any faith in this shower of s**t to use our money to OUR benefit.A total boycott might make there muppets stand up and listen, but I doubt it.

Lol TT, I feel the same way and i've already got two kids! This whole license thing stinks. I think the agenda there is more to do with replacing lost revenue from coarse/game licence the revenue from which has been in serious decline for years. Be honest can anyone be nieve enough to think that a Sea Angling licence would be spent entirely on Sea Fishing? If anyone on here shoots and has had to buy a license to shoot game it cost this government £3m a year to administer and total income was about the same. Hardly a great track record, If we got 20p in the £ directly re-invested that would be a result. I would support a boycott but it would only work with a total show of solidarity. The profile of our issues are so low on the general public agenda it will take some radical thinking and action to change the present state IMHO.

The only sure way to stop commercial slaughter of fish stocks, is when there are no fish to catch.

We can't be too far from that day.

It will be very interesting to see all the excuses and blame flying around when it happens. Trawlermen will be bleating that they are a special case, and want money to lay up their boats. We will have plenty of time to watch this fiasco, as we won't be angling, nothing to catch, almost like now.

With weak government, and wealthy commercial fishing companies with MP's as friends, we don't have a chance.

I have felt like laying down and dying many a time. I can't help but think the problem lies in the way angling is represented in this country. We have three main groups, Coarse, Sea and Game. Within these categories there are so many representative bodies each have a constitution,aims and objectives. It's easy to see where competition exists at a government and policy level and it's a fact that the money spent on game angling is higher per head count than that spent on coarse fishing. Why is this and surely this is unfair? If a Sea Angling licence comes in will it be separate from the existing licencing system and will there be any guarantees that funds will be spent on Sea Angling.

Personally, I am sick to death of key decisions on the welfare of sea fishing being taken by people that are mis-informed and unqualified to take such decisions. There is too much consultation and not enough leadership and direction by people that have the ability to consider all the appropriate factors. It's like global warming, unless something happens very soon that's it, finished.

The failure was inpart due to the efforts of some very shortsighted RSAs as I stated on the other thread related to this subject.

Some commercials actually support the second option so they can't all be tarred with the same brush.

I supported the BMP second option as being the area where a positive could be achieved.

Having said that and pointing out I have been a bass angler for a large number of years I did feel that the narrow envelope could be its' downfall.

I think a more general approach such as a one mile net free zone or more areas set aside for nurseries would have recieved a lot more support as it would have encompassed all species.

I may get a lot of flack for stating that but I would like to think the 2500 number one supporters would have had a different attitude.

We will without a doubt have an opportunity to show a united face when the licence issue is raised, lets see how much we all would have learnt then.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Hi Stavey

I said bradshaw would choose this way. One should not think badly of him after all anglers and commercials placed him in an untainable position both sides fought a very pubic battle and he was the referee, what was he to do.

THE LESSON TO BE LEANT HERE IS, and positive thinking must now prevail, if commercials and anglers continue to fight each other then together we win divided we fall. EVERY BODY MUST TAKE STOCK OF WHAT HAS HAPPEN AND (((((((((LEARN)))))))) BY IT

It must be said that if the commercials had agreed and supported the BMP bradshaw would have passed it through to the last full stop

The main sticking point was it only affected the uk commercials. (perhaps collectivelly we should try and put this to rights)

I sincerely hope that this result does not drive a bigger wedge between anglers and commercials the result tells me that both sides collectively could and should achieve alot

regards steve

Hi steve, i think most rsa.s would have supported the british fishing industry and would have helped to carry the fight to brussels for most of their issues, but they (you) have never realy wanted it, now after this mls result i fear that any sort of chance of alliance between the two is well and truly dead and buried even if their was a speck of one before.

Edited by stavey

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly