which PFD?

chaz62

Anyone recommend which PFD to get? make/model, I'm looking for one with several pockets

(mobile/flares etc). Safety is obviously the first priority but also comfort whilst paddling and

haulling in those hugh fish :lol: cheers

The term "You get what you pay" applies to pfd's. If you are on a limited budget the Fladen PFD's are good value about £40 I think and offer a number of pockets for safety gear and tackle. They're perhaps not as well made as some of the higher priced pfd's which also have the pockets for accessories. Palm do a decent one but can't remember the model name (I think Starvin uses one).

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

The term "You get what you pay" applies to pfd's. If you are on a limited budget the Fladen PFD's are good value about £40 I think and offer a number of pockets for safety gear and tackle. They're perhaps not as well made as some of the higher priced pfd's which also have the pockets for accessories. Palm do a decent one but can't remember the model name (I think Starvin uses one).

i have the fladen at present and seems quite good for the money time will tell though how it lasts

:)

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

Jerseytrev - if you have the Fladen then no need to worry for a couple of years at least! I have one and George uses it often (but not while he is in plaster!) and I use a Palm - Palm is better made no doubt but the fladen will see you for a while yet and allow you to save up a bit. It has 50 or 55N of buoyancy in it - depending on how lardy a size you have got! - YES OK mine is 60N then!!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Starvin' recommended the palm rec adventure, which is 50n has pockets for flares allows plenty of movement, reflective strips and hoops for attatching lanyards, etc.

Think I paid £50. Very pleased with it. :)

Phooey

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

I've got an Palm Ocean Tour. Plenty of pockets, 2 cliping point (1 front, 1 back), a large pocket on the back for a water bladder. off the top of my head it cost £60. The rough rules of thumb are,

1.) The minimum rating should be 50N, ( the heavier you are the more lift you will need).

2.) The fit, Buy it to fit you now. Wear what you normaly paddle in when you try it on for size.

3.) Spend on it what you think your live is worth.

Lets be safe out there.

• 3 months later...

hi lads,

Ive posted on the coarse forum and have been put onto you guys for info, but basically i was wondering about the differnce between the gas life jackets and foam boyancy aids, with a view to reservoir boating and possibly offshore angling. Which would be better if any?

Thanks.

Anyone recommend which PFD to get? make/model, I'm looking for one with several pockets

(mobile/flares etc). Safety is obviously the first priority but also comfort whilst paddling and

haulling in those hugh fish :lol: cheers

YAK Katarak in a goodie, large rear pocket and two up front. :blink:

As my skipper once told me "a foam buoyancy aids will keep you afloat so your next of kin can recognised you when they have to go and see you in the morgue" he was a bit Joe Blunt

With a life jacket you can tell the story on how you survived.

In the summer I use a manual C02 life jacket as it is very light to wear, in the winter a buoyancy aid as it is a bit warmer, but now I have a drysuit I may use the C02 life jacket a bit more, if your on a boat or fast flowing river I would go for an automatic C02, but it is all down to personal choice

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?