rod license huh 24 quid for 5 months?

Tenchbloke

I can't see what admin there is involved in an on-line licence purchase! I do all the work filling in the form and then, a few electronic switches later, a licence gets printed out and drops into the outgoing mail bin. As has been said many times, it should be a rolling system like a TV licence or a tax disc.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see what admin there is involved in an on-line licence purchase! I do all the work filling in the form and then, a few electronic switches later, a licence gets printed out and drops into the outgoing mail bin. As has been said many times, it should be a rolling system like a TV licence or a tax disc.

I completely agree, a rolling licence. From date of purchase or monthly like the car tax disc.

Also no licences for under 16's. It just makes angling mum's and dad's have to pay twice.

SpenBack

why isnt it reduced by 10% for direct debit payment everyone else does

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

also why are they still paper ?

Fishing involves a lot of water.

the rain can be a problem, and the lake, river, canal etc is easily a hazard to fall into.

i think a waterproof plastic card with a photo should be introduced (that floats with a strip or 2 of a bouyant material on the reverse).

Also i think tackle shops should only sell items when a valid licence is produced.

may decrease the number of license dodgers ?

:unsure:

IPB Image

Given the cost of tackle bait and day tickets I'm amazed anyone gets upset about rod licences. Its only £24 quid. How many clubs do you know that sell a shorter ticket? My local ones which cost in excess of £70 won't.

Its one thing about fishing i don't mind paying for!

Rich

Richard its not about is it worth it or getting your monies worth its about (IMO) getting people to buy them in the first place.Simply making the licence run for a year from the date it was purchased would surely stop newcomers/people from waiting till April to buy one?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

How about instead of paying something stupid like £3 for a 24 hour licence you could buy a month licence for £3

A rod licence cost's £24 pound for the year so how they can justify £3 for a day is beyond me!

If it was £3 a month imagine how many more people would take up the sport during the kids holiday alone!

(obviously i'm talking dads)

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

I couldnt agree more Dan.They give the old chestnut of extra admin costs as the reason why not but surely making a bit less would be better than making nothing at all?

Not to mention the long term investment?

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

They would get more money if they done it monthly, not just the extra £12 a year from people who buy a licence every month direct debit style but also from us anglers that like to fish for a bit of everything depending on the season, with the warmer weather i'm sure a few of us would buy a month licence or two to allow the use of three rods while we do a few night sessions, especialy if their anything like me and begrudge paying another £24 for an extra rod!

That would be another nice idea, bring out a 12 month licence at half price for the use of a third rod.

Maybe they would save a bit on admin fee's if they stopped sending me blooming magazines that i ask not to recieve for all the day licence's i bought for the mrs or mates last year.

Once mag with Chris tarrent on the front i can cope with, but not 12 :yucky:

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image