BEUTIFULL TENCH

merlino     bill

OI OI,

RIGHT I NEED HELP I MAY HAVE ASKED BEFORE BUT CAN'T REMEMBER ( IM OLD O.K. )

WHAT IS THE BEST ALL ROUND BAIT FOR TENCH ?? I FISH A SMALL CLUB LAKE OF ABOUT 2/3 ACRES BUT VERRY COLD & DEEP IN THE MARGIN'S IT'S ABOUT 12FT GOD KNOWS HOW DEEP THE MIDDLE IS, ITS WEEDY ON THE BOTTOM FAIR BIT OF WEED ON THE TOP HOW DO I GET THE BUGGER'S FEEDING & GET THEM UP IN THE WATER FOR A FLOAT OR DO I JUST USE A METHOD FEEDER & CATCH OF THE BOTTOM

SOMEBODY HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry::cry::cry: PLEASE.

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

You're going to struggle to get them up in the water.

I'd prbably be inclined to go with either a pole or a sliding float setup 'cause I find sitting and waiting for a bite as tedious as hell with a lead or a feeder outfit.

Bait wise, it depends on the water, casters, worm, pellet/paste, corn etc will all work but it depends on what else is in the water and what the fish are used to.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

OI OI,

chewy 49 you sound as daft as me m8 but why not it's different & sweet thank you.

ken, casters & worm was my idea as well as i live near stables & let me dig in the muck for free ( i dont think they know what their sitting on ) now i have a pole 9mtr can't get on with it so it look's like a slider also in there is carp, bream, roach, rudd & perch,

one problem that is how do you do a sliding float set up ( sorry m8 ) never done one any pic's

thank's again both............bill......merlino.

:(:(:(:schmoll:

For slider fishing, slide a bead onto the line followed by a relatively heavy waggler float.

Tie on a hook as normal and then bulk almost all of your shot about 3’ from it with a couple of droppers between the bulk and the hook.

If you have 12’ of water, tie a stop-knot 12’ from the hook (with an 8” float, this’ll leave you fishing 8” over depth), bait up and cast out.

Pull the float back to where you want to fish and then give it slack line so that the weight of the bulk shot pulls the line through the ring on the bottom of your waggler and the float and bead sit against the stopknot,.

I’m no expert ‘cause I’ve only ever regularly used this method on two waters but it does work.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Bill, if it's 12ft and your fishing in the margins, and not casting far out and your using a 13ft rod. Then I would use a fixed float, indeed I have, at depths a bit more than the length of my rod. It's depends on the amount of cover round you, then it's just a matter of getting your timing and technique right.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Bill, if it's 12ft and your fishing in the margins, and not casting far out and your using a 13ft rod. Then I would use a fixed float, indeed I have, at depths a bit more than the length of my rod. It's depends on the amount of cover round you, then it's just a matter of getting your timing and technique right.

fish a lead and inject a lob-worm with air to pop it up, but you can feed tench up in the water with casters and take them just under the surface i have done it before on weedy venues but you need a lot of casters to feed off the roach etc.

a whole lob-worm has to be the best tench bait ever invented, ask anyone who fishes the Thames.

tench love'm

ps if you have a bait dropper, take the lead off the bottom and extend the shaft to around 2 ft and re attach the lead and dropper in chop worm as this will lay on the weed and draw fish.

failing that take a heavy rake and a rope to your peg throw it in and dredge the swim for 15 minutes and fish it then as the disturbance will draw every tench in the lake and tha will bag oop dook.

Edited by kempo

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Bed of hemp with Lobworm as hookbait and fish with either method of float or feeder! :)

You could also mix the hemp in with Expo groundbait which is an excellent Tinca attractor :)

With my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!

Bed of hemp with Lobworm as hookbait and fish with either method of float or feeder! :)

You could also mix the hemp in with Expo groundbait which is an excellent Tinca attractor :)

hemp will attract to many roach on a weedy wenue, and that is what you dont need.

chop worm and a bait dropper please dont use ground bait for tench.

Edited by kempo

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

OI OI,

lot's of advice there, this is a HARD water so i think two rod's set up different & see how i do on friday i'll let you all know. .............thank's again .............bill (merlino)

:fishing1::fishing1::fishing1: