New (free) online (lure) fishing magazine

philocalist

Just had this drop into my inbox, courtesy of David Hall Publications - thought others might be interested?

Not had a chance to take a good look yet, but first impressions are good, and its available free on several platforms, and downloadable too for offline perusal!

http://www.lure-mag.com/?utm_source=David+Hall+Publishing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=5154704_LURE+%7c+Launch+campaign+%7c+JP&utm_content=Website&dm_i=2FG,32HE8,4SVTWP,B0R67,1

It's a shame the content is so hampered by an unusable user interface.

I got as far as page one of the magazine and closed it down in disgust.

Maybe it works better on a tablet but on a PC, I can't even see half the text on the home page unless I block it with the left mouse button.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

It's a shame the content is so hampered by an unusable user interface.

I got as far as page one of the magazine and closed it down in disgust.

Maybe it works better on a tablet but on a PC, I can't even see half the text on the home page unless I block it with the left mouse button.

Pretty unreadable on a 7" tablet the writing is out of focus and it doesnt improve zooming in ,i can only guess it was set out on a huge monitor then saved at a low res

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Erm - guys ... I suspect you may be doing something wrong, or have maybe downloaded the wrong file perhaps?

As I said in the OP, I'd not had a good look at that stage, but since coming back to the thread and seeing comments, I've just taken a better look.

First off, the file I downloaded (with no problem whatsoever) is a 133MB PDF file.

I'm viewing it on a PC through Adobe Reader, and the presentation is immaculate. It will reduce to whatever size I try (until it's way too small to be readable), and I zoomed in before stopping at 1200% - which is massive for a document like this - at which point text and graphics were absolute pin sharp, though naturally, very ungainly to navigate at this vast size :-)

OK, to clarify, I'm using the current version of IE on Windows 7 - and viewing on a 50" TV.

Following your link to the homepage, I see the word "LURE".

There are four words below that that are unreadable, although I assume the middle two are "LURE FISHING".

Below that there are the HOME, MANIFESTOW, CONTACT, ADVERTISE and GEAR buttons.

Under the buttons, there is a coastal scene with a picture link on the right and below that there is an expanse of white before you get to the mystery runes:

ree, digital

lers

There is no other text. However, using the left mouse button and blocking the white portion of the screen reveals the text:

"WELCOME

Colourful, dynamic, intoxicating; lure anglers around the world know the draw of our pursuit. Driven by passion, fuelled by excitment, satisfied only by the bite; this is our world. This is the world of LURE."

Opening the PDF downloads a document that is impossible to navigate.

I'd really like it to be nice but the developers need to go back to the drawing board.

Edit: Just opened it with Chrome and the "mystic runes" now read:

", the new, free, digital

all lure anglers."

Some of the missing text is also visible because it appears in the coastal scene. I am able to read:

""WELCOME

Colourful, dynamic, intoxicating; lure anglers around the world know the draw of our pursuit. Driven by passion".

The rest of the paragraph is hidden in the white and invisible.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I downloaded the PDF but rather than let it open itself I closed everything down and re-opened using adobe reader. Using 'fit one full page to window' the presentation and navigation is nigh on perfect, the only time it's difficult to read is when you're viewing the bigger adverts, Glasgow Angling Centre for example. These would probably be double page spread in hard copy so that's why but zoom in a bit and it's fine.

I think it's very good.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

post-1265-0-89356300-1420894108_thumb.pngStrange i discovered the actual magazine and the fist page is a page of lures but its the wording on that page which is unreadable ,its small and zooming makes it so blurred its unreadable.

There is no pdf it simply opens a new browser to view ,cannot grab a picture of it which is strange

Whoops i took many pictures the sound of off so i didnt hear the click ,the picture is zoomed ofcourse but even then very hard to read and the screen on this pad very good for its size

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson