Would you consider a sea angling licence now?

Pugs

I'm sick of the commercials blaming the French (Not that the french are blameless). They hate the french for catching 'their' bass, not because of any interest in conservation.

Casing point; some friends and I have a banker mark that has produced year on year. This year a commercial rod&liner discovered it. As soon as day breaks he truddles out anchors 40ft in front of where we are fishing and livebaits. Regardless of our protests.

He sits there catching/killing 10+ fish a tide and then bitches about a poor year for bass. I argue that him killing probably 100+ fish a week doesn't help! No answer.

Commercials will systematically fish out a mark until there is nothing left, no constraint. Then when fishless they move on. Now as bass return to the same area year on year this guy has seriously impacted this mark not just this year but for years to come. YET they refuse to even accept ANY blame for poor inshore catches!

The inshore commercials I see are nothing more than Peduncles in boats... F*** the lot of them!

JRT

[Edited - John S]

So what do you suggest, he lets them all go?

Catch and release does not work for commercial fishermen.

I fish to live and live to fish.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit, I had to smile when I read some of the recent rants in the FN about the bass MLS. I admire their passion.

The trouble is Steve, how can you win an argument when both sides are right.

"So what do you suggest, he lets them all go?

Catch and release does not work for commercial fishermen."

What do I suggest?

A) Get a proper job, one that doesn't decimate the inshore fishing.

B ) Not work a mark until there is absolutely nothing left, think crop rotation.

C) Show some consideration to other fisherman, I have as much right to be there as he does. In fact morally I have more right as I return all the fish.

Too many dodgy inshore commercials = huge black fish market. If I were in power I would the Inland Revenue on these f***ers in a shot.

As I said..Peduncles. Take everything, contribute nothing.

JRT

Edited by JRT

Guest challenge

What do I suggest?

B ) Not work a mark until there is absolutely nothing left, think crop rotation.

C) Show some consideration to other fisherman, I have as much right to be there as he does. In fact morally I have more right as I return all the fish.

Too many dodgy inshore commercials = huge black fish market. If I were in power I would the Inland Revenue on these f***ers in a shot.

JRT

Do these dodgy inshore commercials have a license of any type?

Do they have a quota of any kind? Or are they in fact poachers?

If they are the latter then surely they are professional poachers and not commercial fishermen?

I'm sick of the commercials blaming the French (Not that the french are blameless). They hate the french for catching 'their' bass, not because of any interest in conservation.

Casing point; some friends and I have a banker mark that has produced year on year. This year a commercial rod&liner discovered it. As soon as day breaks he truddles out anchors 40ft in front of where we are fishing and livebaits. Regardless of our protests.

He sits there catching/killing 10+ fish a tide and then bitches about a poor year for bass. I argue that him killing probably 100+ fish a week doesn't help! No answer.

Commercials will systematically fish out a mark until there is nothing left, no constraint. Then when fishless they move on. Now as bass return to the same area year on year this guy has seriously impacted this mark not just this year but for years to come. YET they refuse to even accept ANY blame for poor inshore catches!

The inshore commercials I see are nothing more than Peduncles in boats... F*** the lot of them!

JRT

Hi JTR

Your veiw and perception like many anglers on here, is not only tunnel visioned but also very bigoted.

You can only see what stands next to you, if and when the overhaul bigger picture ever reaches you, you will then realise that you have been deluding yourself

regards steve

What do I suggest?

JRT

Fishing News shuld print this "anglers opinion" and send it on to every news agency!

Whats a "pedunkle" anyway? I keep seeing that term but have no idea who its supposed to refer to? Travellers? Eastern Europeons? Who am i supposed to be hating?

:blink:

Edited by Jaffa

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Blimy, this is fun. :clap:

Ive seen some right 'Peduncles' beach fishing, chucking beer cans, bottles, piles of tangled line, all over the beach. lighting bonfires, and leaving a mountain of rubbish afterwards. They go fishing with constantly yapping dogs, shine searchlights in other anglers eyes, shout all night to each other, and the w*****s wonder why they don't catch anything.

Give me the French anytime, I like garlic.

Edited by maidstonemike

My opinion is based on my experiences and contact with these 'commercials', not preconceived views so therefore I am not a bigot.

You earn respect, why the hell should I respect them?

The term 'commercial' suggests professionalism. However these guys demonstrate non of this, just greed and ignorance to everyone else.

... I stand by everthing I said.

JRT

My opinion is based on my experiences and contact with these 'commercials', not preconceived views so therefore I am not a bigot.

You earn respect, why the hell should I respect them?

The term 'commercial' suggests professionalism. However these guys demonstrate non of this, just greed and ignorance to everyone else.

... I stand by everthing I said.

JRT

Hello [Edited - John S]

Define greed ! !

That goes for any body eles who likes to use the term "Greedy commercials"

Hello [Edited - John S]

Define greed ! !

That goes for any body eles who likes to use the term "Greedy commercials"

Hi Peter

Defination of greeds is when a commercial fisherman catches one fish on rod and line when a angler can not hence the saying GREEDY COMMERCIAL lol lol lol

kindest regards

Stephen