Seals freind or foe

darlick

here in south West wales Commercials/or unlicensed shoot or knife seals caught in their nets or around them.

Authorities know about it but dont do a thing!

would and angler or commercial shoot a shark if it took their catch?

(interested in replies to this one)

John Edwards

RSA for South & South West Wales

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here in south West wales Commercials/or unlicensed shoot or knife seals caught in their nets or around them.

Authorities know about it but dont do a thing!

would and angler or commercial shoot a shark if it took their catch?

(interested in replies to this one)

Hello John

More so because sharks are worth money.

I fish to live and live to fish.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello John

More so because sharks are worth money.

Is that a RSA response or commercial?

Or is that a sceptical response!! :blink:

Edited by John Edwards

John Edwards

RSA for South & South West Wales

Just saying,

I doubt there would be so many seals about if the meat was as valueable as beef.

Good idea why not eat the buggers. SHOCK HORROR.

We eat wild rabbits, hares, deer etc. etc.

Added to that many civilised , democratic countries eat them.

Can one get an NVQ in seal processing these days?

Natural predators to cull seals :blink:

What you realy want is a greatwhite or even an orca or two that will do the job :rolleyes:

Phil

Ask a question and be a fool for 5 minutes! Never ask a question and be a fool for life! .

A blind person who sees is better than a seeing person who is blind.

Natural predators to cull seals :blink:

What you realy want is a greatwhite or even an orca or two that will do the job :rolleyes:

Phil

[/quotP

Phil if we had great white sharks out there i think i would have to get a bigger boat. :lol: .

As for the orca i was in lerwick iast june and there was a pod of orca feeding on seals just off the harbour you never know the way things are going and the way seals are multiplying we may see it on the east coast yet :)

Why can't you lot leave the bl00dy wildlife alone when you are fishing? The seals were on this planet millions of years before us, we should be content with thier leftovers, not the other way around. If I arrived at my favourite spot and found seals there I would go elsewhere. As for those advocating shooting them, words fail me. I thought that all anglers were mad on nature and the environment. Seems to me that catching fish is more important than going fishing.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Why can't you lot leave the bl00dy wildlife alone when you are fishing? The seals were on this planet millions of years before us, we should be content with thier leftovers, not the other way around. If I arrived at my favourite spot and found seals there I would go elsewhere. As for those advocating shooting them, words fail me. I thought that all anglers were mad on nature and the environment. Seems to me that catching fish is more important than going fishing.

Here here to that. Man's selfishness will destroy the planet. But do they care? Nah.

compressed%20seal.JPG

You would not think about killing this little fella would you?

www.aberporthholidays.co.uk

Regular launch: Aberporth West Wales.

Yak: Malibu II XL