Only eight and a bit weeks left

Rusty

I can't believe this, it only seems a few weeks ago that I was looking forward to the start of the river season and then experiencing the usual anti-climax (still look forward to it like a kid though).

Anything on your 'to do' lists that you haven't managed to tick off yet? I haven't had a barbel this season, I think I may have left it a bit late but it would be nice to winkle one out somehow.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have been feeding mate a couple of lads off the TAC forum have had a 13 and a 10.05 today in the mild conditions ,want a big Chub but seem to be banging my head against a wall there big Pike hunting is on the horizon

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Grayling over 2½lb and a 6lb chub would be nice. Biggest perch so far is 3.10 which I'm pretty happy with - not had a pike yet - unusual as I often get a few on lobs when perching - so might even have a deliberate piking session before 14/3...

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I've run out of steam lately, the rivers have been up and down and all over the place, and after lots of effort came to very little I've had a little break. I'm hoping for more settled conditions towards the back-end - the one thing I still really want is a really big Thames chub.

I've done a little roach fishing, and might end up concentrating on roach if the conditions don't improve for chub.

However, like Steve I have been thnking a lot about fly fishing for trout recently. It's been building over the last couple of years - I can see myself getting back into that in a more serious way, especially in the spring and summer. Currently researching suitable venues and new tackle :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

The Medway and Mole are my haunts this year after re joining my old club and to hunt down the Barbel and chub and some big Esox i know that are in there. I have a good friend who has been inviting me to the Thames this year but where he fishes is a 2 min walk to a real ale pub which can be a bit distracting if the bites dry up :giveup:

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

I didn't know there was one, ( at least on the put and takes). :hypocrite:

Looking forward to the opening of the trout season!

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

[Off topic but Steve W/Tony U/other fly anglers, I'm about to post a topic in the fly fishing section, would appreciate some feedback!]

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music