Fishing In Devon

Elton

Anyone able to help this visitor?

quote:

I was searching the web in the hope of finding a Henry Gilby site, but came up with yours, perhaps you can help.

I am a keen angler but until about 18 months ago this only included, course fishing on lakes and rivers.

However I have over the past 18 months been shore fishing alot and have caught some great fish, but everyone keeps telling me that cod and pollock fishing from the shore would knock my socks off!

The only problem is I live in North Devon and my usual fishing spots are Clovelly, Slapton Sands and Chesil beach, none of which hosts cod.

Are there any good spots you can advise for cod, anywhere here in the southwest? Or if you are unable to help where do you advise I go for help.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Chesil Beach has loads of cod! Although they're usually caught from the immediate left or right of wherever I'm fishing. I've seen them up to 8 or 9lbs but have heard reports of 13lb and more. Ring Weymouth Angling Centre for info.

Having just spent my lunchtime freezing my delicates off in the hope of catching a cod, I'm looking forward to summer and some boring carp fishing again.

Now Tuna on the other hand really would knock your socks off............and one was recently being sold at Plymouth, which is a hell of a lot nearer to your visitor, elton, than it is to me.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

My mate moved back to Barnstable some years ago he does a lot of winter cod fishing around the Capstone Rock area of Ilfracombe its is one of the best cod marks in North Devon and most winters, fish of double figures are landed see below article, a good article to read as it mentions all year round marks

One more bit of advice join your local Sea Angling club.

northdevongazette.co.uk/archive...k39/angling.asp

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

Just been informed that the Henry Gilbey site is at:

http://www.henry-gilbey.co.uk/

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Slapton sands has been producing cod this week after the stir from the storms. They will not probably be around again after it calms down. There are still plenty of bass and loads of whiting and the dreaded dog fish. For up to date info please call me 01548 580888. Malcolm Barnett.

[ 14. January 2004, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Malcs007 ]