What's for tea tonight?

BoozleBear

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finnished a Chilli from the freezer.

Made a big batch last week with no less than six different types of chilli and pepper to give it a zing with a bit of depth of flavour and just a touch of dark chocolate so there's always a spice that nobody can identify until I tell them what it is.

T'was ruddy lovely too.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Warm roast chicken with a flageolet bean salad, potato salad, toms, beetroot, lettuce, olives, (all the usual salady stuff and more) can't remember all of it.

Time for a tinnie now. (after I've done the washing up :rolleyes: )

Just finnished a Chilli from the freezer.

Made a big batch last week with no less than six different types of chilli and pepper ......

Did you read that chillis from Dorset recently set a new world hotness record? It was that American bloke who advises Hugh Verylongname on River Cottage that grew them :headhurt:

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

I like the hot stuff but I leave the habaneros (Scotch Bonnets) to my crazy Jamaican friends and family members.

To be fair though, they mostly use salted ones as a flavouring for Rice & Peas (watch out for the chunks) or as a "Hot Sauce" habanero condiment which is like a yellow version of Tabasco.

Personally, I can't stand the sauce because like Tabasco, it's got to much vinegar in it for me.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Just made 'Spaghetti puttanesca'.....very nice it was too!

I tend to do the cooking in our house whilst she scrubs down the urchins, so I turned to page 66 of the October issue of BBC's Olive magazine, was inspired, added twice as many anchovies and lots more chilli flakes and it worked a treat.....!!

Paul

Beer Donner Kebabs More Beer + small white port then more Beer. :rolleyes::clap::drunk::doh::victory::crazy:

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif