Buzzers...what are they

s_mac

Buzzers as in trout fishing the pupal stage of midges, usually fished on a floating line with a long leader and retrieved very slowly in a figure of eight movement.

This is the correct answer :) Used them to great effect on Keilder Water years ago to take a limit bag of brown trout.

Dressed the buzzer myself very sparsly on a 14 hook. A crackin days fishing :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

'Buzzers' is usually the term applied to electronic bite alarms, these days, as Budgie says.

There's the fly-fishing association, which I won't pretend to know about, and, as Newt says, Buzzbaits, which I do have experience of (and share his confidence in!). We call them spinnerbaits, though :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Spinner baits - one or more blades that rotate and flash as the lure is pulled along. Usually fished under water but if you have a fast reel, they can be made to ride on top for a time and create a bit of a fuss. I am showing only detached style lures but inline spinner baits are probably more common in the UK.

sp3-1.jpg

sp2-1.jpg

sp1-1.jpg

Buzzbaits - designed to run on top at slow speeds and to create maximum amounts of bubbles and noise. They do not perform if allowed to sink. As with spinnerbaits, inline versions are available.

bz1-1.jpg

bz2-1.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

But, what about the buzzers that plague you flying around your head when you are trying to fish?

roll on the cooler weather to get rid of the buzzer wasps., went early fishing other morning, to get baited up, before dawn.

set up my light so i could see what i was doing, to set up my rods while i waited for daylight. i was not plagued by moths lol, but wasps buzzing about my light. and god i hate them.

dont know why god created such a creature, they are not part of food chain, nothing wants to eat them, they dont buzz about flowers pollonating.

what do they do, or what are they here for, except to hang around bins and my night light lol.

smac

woman want me, fish fear me