must check this re elite 4.5

Somerset in Jersey

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.gokayak.co.nz/w/view.asp?PageNo=0

seams that NZ are selling grade a factory seconds... wonder if we have been that back door? makes you wonder. why else would you sell a factory second Kayak, to me even offering and mentioning a second factory model for use on the sea is just daft.

C-r-a-z-y stuff. seconds should be binned or ornaments!

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

C-r-a-z-y stuff. seconds should be binned or ornaments!

Just found another forum in NZ mentioning saving made on factory second units with "slight cosmetic flaws"

http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/forum...=15843&PN=1

look at last post...

this starts to smell of problems been relocated, anyone made 2 + 2 = 4 yet ?

Bad news if its correct street cred and reliability in trust of ocean has just sank like a brick to the bottom of the ocean.

After reading about problems here and elsewhere and having a few myself when buying a kayak I'm resigned to the idea that buying a kayak is more than likely a long process I have to through.

You put time in researching the model you want, then when you put your order in, you're in the hands of the gods regarding availability (and may get given conflicting info about delivery times and when and where the container with your kayak is). When your kayak finally arrives there may be a problem with it.

The problem with many of the popular models of kayaks we paddle is they can't make them fast enough to meet demand.

To save hassle its best to buy one in stock which has been light tested ( shine torch inside hull for thin patches) and water tested (for leaks!) however the more popular models from the more popular dealers often don't have them in stock hence the inevitable 'wait'.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

This is rather worrying news.

I was thinking about getting a elite for my first kayak but having second thoughts now. I'll be looking at the prowler 13 and tarpon 140 models.

downright criminal in my book selling flawed goods for use at sea ,like selling flares that may work ,on the other hand they may not :angry:

Edited by jerseytrev

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

Maybe it's time that imported kayaks should have a British Standard check, after all it is a safety factor.

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

By seconds it would appear to be only in the colour mixes and graphics moulded into the boats. It is not likely the would supply a boat shaped like a banana. Anyway what difference does it make if your kayak is bright pink and has the phrase "they beat me with a stick to get lots of money out of me" instead of "made in New Zealand"

By seconds it would appear to be only in the colour mixes and graphics moulded into the boats. It is not likely the would supply a boat shaped like a banana. Anyway what difference does it make if your kayak is bright pink and has the phrase "they beat me with a stick to get lots of money out of me" instead of "made in New Zealand"

i think the issue here is hull thickness not colour ,keep up . this is a serious issue not a joking manner unless you do not value your life much,i and most on here do

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

I think the point that captain fishy finger is making is that his understanding of them being seconds are that because of colour issues or the decals in the mold are imperfect and not due to the hull being thin / or dangerous .

We have all jumped to the assumption that its thin hulls that are being sold off CFF has just put another possibility in the frame.

by the way if it is thin hulls they should be hung,but i cant imagine any company selling something like that in todays sueing culture. Can you imagine the damage to their reputation if someone had an incident in a kayak that they knew was defective but sold anyway even though at a lower price.

You only have to look at how they are dealing with the issues that people have with them over hear...no quibble replacements.

john

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Lady Helen Charter Boat Penarth S.Wales

www.ladyhelencharters.co.uk